Wembley stress

jknight said:
uweuweuwe said:
Not a chance its in the dna of the club to make things stressful. And as someone who suffers from having the shits when I get stressed ive seen more of the toilets at wembey stadium than I have the pitch.

Know exactly where you're coming from. I've spent many pre-match minutes listening to the team being read out whilst straining out an arse-piss :-)

After the goal in the semi-final against the rags I spent 20mins locked in wembely toilets being sick with nerves but I wouldn't have it any other way it just wouldn't be the same without a few heart in mouth moments along the way.

Glauber Berti said:
jknight said:
uweuweuwe said:
Not a chance its in the dna of the club to make things stressful. And as someone who suffers from having the shits when I get stressed ive seen more of the toilets at wembey stadium than I have the pitch.

Know exactly where you're coming from. I've spent many pre-match minutes listening to the team being read out whilst straining out an arse-piss :-)

After the goal in the semi-final against the rags I spent 20mins locked in wembely toilets being sick with nerves but I wouldn't have it any other way it just wouldn't be the same without a few heart in mouth moments along the way.

Yeah, those "nerves" really do kick in after 20 pints

Wembley stress eh? Well i know how you guys feel but lets be honest we wouldnt have it any other way, like a previous poster said 'its the city way'.

Try and enjoy it, Sunderland will be up for it- fans and players, but if everyone plays their part on sunday and stays focused we will win.

I said that nothing would ever get to me again after watching city in the third tier, but that was before QPR and Aguero. Better getting stressed when we have something to win than getting a heart attack when we have something to lose (Luton 83, Liverpool 96, Stoke 98).

Enjoy it guys and we will back in April for some more!

Glauber Berti said:
jknight said:
uweuweuwe said:

99 Was the worst after dickov scored had to run to the bog I was trying to get out had to fight past hundreds of people trying to get back in. I just made it and managed to see last few mins of extra time. Wife has noticed since moving away and not being able to go games ive got better ans suggested I give up going to city. Ive informed my laywer.

Pigeonho said:
Only ever been for the 99 final, and left before we scored in a fit of rage, anger and Becks-fueled disgust, (though i did get back in for the best part).
sounds exactly like my day (minus the becks, I was 10 (: )

Never even thought we could loose in 69, and 76, don't know why just enjoyed the day out. Was very nervous in 81, and at the final whistle a guy tapped me on the shoulder and said, I would pack it in if it does that to you mate, my face had gone grey cos I felt sick, 99 I left early at 2 nil down,again white as a sheet.

Just enjoy it lads. We are not that stressed. This is my wembley history (and you think you have it bad!!)
85 lost 1 - 0 vs Norwich. Shit game
90 lost 1 - 0 vs Swindon. Shit game
92 lost 2 - 0 vs Liverpool. We were shit.
Still hadn't seen us score.
98 scored 10 vs Charlton. Lost. 7 6 on penalties after 4 4 draw.
Never seen us win there.
Can't wait though.

guvnors son mcfc said:
My first Wembley trip was v Spurs in 81 aged around 13 and so cannot claim to even know what stress was back then but my visits since :

Gillingham 99 all was lost 2 goals down, enter Horlock and Dickov = major stress and left the stadium drained physically and mentally
United semi - 1-0 and screaming for the final whistle, left elated but stressed.
Stoke Final - 1-0 , we didn't coast this game and again the final whistle was met with relief, left elated but stressed.
Chelsea semi 2-1, Jesus Christ that second half was stressful, left the stadium totally drained.
Wigan final 0-1, enough said, drained , gutted and stressed.

Come on City, for once , just once do it the easy way for us over 45's , somehow I have known you for too long now, I just know that you won't, will you ?

Can't wait for Sunday, roll on the stress
thats what being a City fan does to you, i think most City fans well the real ones, will get you 100%.

uweuweuwe said:
Glauber Berti said:
jknight said:

99 Was the worst after dickov scored had to run to the bog I was trying to get out had to fight past hundreds of people trying to get back in. I just made it and managed to see last few mins of extra time. Wife has noticed since moving away and not being able to go games ive got better ans suggested I give up going to city. Ive informed my laywer.

I don't really remember 99, I was 13 at the time and the only thing I remember is being in tears when Dickov scored the equaliser, my emotions that day obviously couldn't take any more battering from all the build up and excitement before the game to being 2-0 down and being dead and buried and then for it all to turn around in the blink of an eye.

Step forward QPR 2012, pretty much a carbon copy. This time I managed to hold the tears back (blame the beers) and ran round the pitch like a headless chicken, managed to hug NDJ like a long lost brother.

I honestly think I will always appreciate every single trophy that we manage to win whether it be the league cup or the champions league. Luckily for anyone that has watched City for more than 5 years we have it drilled into us that nothing comes easy and to appreciate everything that comes our way. Can't wait for Sunday, the only time in the year (apart from getting up for holiday) that being up at 7am is exciting!!

Worryingly I'm feeling the same way I did about the Wigan final (ie too calm and not nervous at all yet). Even on the day of the Wigan game It all felt weird and it didn't feel like a special day at all. Hopefully it's different on Sunday but I'm struggling to get excited about Sunday as I'm still gutted to not be going to Wembley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.