We're both top of the league.

Roger Ringpiece

Just noticed that Hyde won their fourth game on the spin last night, their second successive 4-0 win, to go three points clear in the Blue Square North after an awful season last year. With us away on Sunday, may be worth getting down there on Saturday for their local derby game at home to Altrincham-nice to see both teams doing well.

I'm old school, remember the days when it was the norm that league tables weren't published until after 3 games. And a very good practice too.

If they aren't City they are my rivals. I have no second teams. I live in Timperley, 0.9miles from Altrincham's Moss Lane, but I do not support Altrincham. I support City. Couldn't give a shit how Alty, Droylsden, Hyde, Stalybridge, Leigh or anyone else does.

Hence the posting after 4 games!
cibaman said:
I'm old school, remember the days when it was the norm that league tables weren't published until after 3 games. And a very good practice too.

cibaman said:

I remember those days. But we didn't have the electronic wizardry that allows a table to be updated by the nano-second. Look at the end of the season - who's going up or down is delivered to the slobberin' masses minute by minute until each and every final whistle has pierced the air.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Just noticed that Hyde won their fourth game on the spin last night, their second successive 4-0 win, to go three points clear in the Blue Square North after an awful season last year. With us away on Sunday, may be worth getting down there on Saturday for their local derby game at home to Altrincham-nice to see both teams doing well.

Its surprising how well they are doing as they only had a handful of registered players a week or so before the start of the season. Nice to see Hyde doing well and the stands painted blue

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
cibaman said:

I remember those days. But we didn't have the electronic wizardry that allows a table to be updated by the nano-second. Look at the end of the season - who's going up or down is delivered to the slobberin' masses minute by minute until each and every final whistle has pierced the air.

True, but the newspapers were capable of producing a league table, two games in. Just realised how meaningless they are.

cibaman said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
cibaman said:

True, but the newspapers were capable of producing a league table, two games in. Just realised how meaningless they are.

But after 3 games it's really starting to take shape!

danburge82 said:
If they aren't City they are my rivals. I have no second teams. I live in Timperley, 0.9miles from Altrincham's Moss Lane, but I do not support Altrincham. I support City. Couldn't give a shit how Alty, Droylsden, Hyde, Stalybridge, Leigh or anyone else does.

That's just as well - Leigh doesn't have a team!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.