Were doing the Poznan at Wemberlee

rickmcfc said:
Cant remember where i am sat, infact, im not sat anywhere, i will be stood up, and yes, i will be doing the Poznan at Wemberleee!!!

Glad to hear that, no poznan brigade maybe after you now. They believe only few up for this, but everyone I have spoke too is game.

gillymcfc said:
rickmcfc said:
Cant remember where i am sat, infact, im not sat anywhere, i will be stood up, and yes, i will be doing the Poznan at Wemberleee!!!

Glad to hear that, no poznan brigade maybe after you now. They believe only few up for this, but everyone I have spoke too is game.

Here here :)

gillymcfc said:
gillymcfc said:
man_city_poznan.jpg

When the tannoy starts rags team
Please all commence Poznan singing
were doing the poznan at wemberlee
Were doing the poznan at wemberlee
Until he finishes with there line up then finish with our war cry
CITY CITY CITY
We could time our first poznan at wembley to perfection with the help of the tannoy as soon as he says today rag team is

Reminder for anyone who hasn't read 1st page

Didsbury Dave I am not a wum,

Ric we will keep the message in this thread no probs

What is this trying to achieve? What message is it trying to send out?

There's obviously something as people are getting so giddy over it.

The usual stuff, booing, whistling, drowning it out, when their team is announced. I get that. I like that. It's designed to drown it out, create an intimidating atmosphere. make them feel not welcome.

What the fuck will a load of over exited fat blokes jumping up and down do?

A nice little period of silence for everyone to enjoy their names? Guaranteed to be met with a chorus of "What the fucking hell was that" from them lot and piss taking from most people watching (if the TV bother to even show it, they sure as hell won't be anywhere near as impressed with it as some on here seem to think they will be)

I've heard of more intimidating acts at kid's parties.

If you wanted to create a 30 second lull in proceedings at the start of a game, when the idea is to be doing exactly the opposite and be getting behind the team and intimidating the opposition, this is absolutely the best way to do it.

Save this shite for after a goal when you don't look such a nob acting all giddy.

The start of the game is for proper noise. Not kid's games

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
gillymcfc said:
Reminder for anyone who hasn't read 1st page

Didsbury Dave I am not a wum,

Ric we will keep the message in this thread no probs

What is this trying to achieve? What message is it trying to send out?

There's obviously something as people are getting so giddy over it.

The usual stuff, booing, whistling, drowning it out, when their team is announced. I get that. I like that. It's designed to drown it out, create an intimidating atmosphere. make them feel not welcome.

What the fuck will a load of over exited fat blokes jumping up and down do?

A nice little period of silence for everyone to enjoy their names? Guaranteed to be met with a chorus of "What the fucking hell was that" from them lot and piss taking from most people watching (if the TV bother to even show it, they sure as hell won't be anywhere near as impressed with it as some on here seem to think they will be)

I've heard of more intimidating acts at kid's parties.

If you wanted to create a 30 second lull in proceedings at the start of a game, when the idea is to be doing exactly the opposite and be getting behind the team and intimidating the opposition, this is absolutely the best way to do it.

Save this shite for after a goal when you don't look such a nob acting all giddy.

The start of the game is for proper noise. Not kid's games

Oh God, another one.

Blah, blah, blah.....(the wheels on the bus go....)

Restrain yourself. Don't read the thread, don't post a reply, and don't do the Poznan at Wembley. job done. Have a nice day out next Saturday.

PS. Can you film the Poznan while we're doing it, Thanks. :-)

I couldn't give a shit if people want to do this shit after a goal. Not my cup of tea, but fair enough.

But answer my question:

Why, during the point where you want the atmosphere to be ramped up to its peak, do people want to replace noise and intimidation with silence (bollocks to this silly chant, it is virtually silent - with the quiet sound of out of breath giggling - when people do this dance at games)?

Why at this point and what is it supposed to be saying/acheiving?

Surely that is a fair question?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
I couldn't give a shit if people want to do this shit after a goal. Not my cup of tea, but fair enough.

But answer my question:

Why, during the point where you want the atmosphere to be ramped up to its peak, do people want to replace noise and intimidation with silence (bollocks to this silly chant, it is virtually silent - with the quiet sound of out of breath giggling - when people do this dance at games)?

when 31,000 city fans are shouting city,city,city...
that's intimidating..

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

But answer my question:

Perhaps I'm wrong. Stand corrected.

Turning your back on someone is a sign of disrespect. No?

30 odd thousand fans, minus john and Dave, chanting 'let's all do the Poznan' (and bouncing up and down) won't be quiet. 30,000 fans all chanting 'City, City, City' at the end of the Poznan won't be quiet.

If the site and sound of that doesn't inspire the players even more, I don't know what will.

As for booing and whistling? It's been done to death and has no effect whatsoever.

Come on John, keep up matey. Just go with the flow and let's see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :-)

Thought The Poznan was a goal celebration only?

Don't we boo , whistle and shout obsceneties during the Utd team read out?

I don't turn my back for the Poznan out of disrespect! I do it as a goal celebration and as a laugh. It lasts a few seconds. City City City finishing it off.

It's going to look fkin stupid doing it for the whole of the utd team read out.

Who will fix our backs too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.