Were like Liverpool without Torres

Mattyc55

Other than Shaun, there wasn't one other forward-thinking city player who got in behind the Hull defence today, and its been a common problem with the side. We have two forwards who are keen to either come deep for the ball, or drag defenders out wide and make things happen that way, what they DO NOT do though is get in behind the opponents defence and score goals that way, and so we end up with about 7 players in midfield playing wishy washy (often pretty) sideways football that goes nowhere unless shauny gets passed his full back; which fair play to him he did today quite effectively. This is in no way a slur on the qualities of Ade and Tevez as I rate them highly when used in the right way, but were dying for a Defoe, a Darren Bent or an Agbonlahor, someone who will gamble on the last man and get in behind. At times I feel as if im at an Athletico Madrid game the way we pass it around the midfield without actually even going anywhere and not only is it frustrating, but it also equates to a distinct lack of clear cut chances being created. What Hughes fails to recognise though is that we do in fact have someone in that mould, and Bellamy has proved many a time that not only does he possess the pace to get in behind, his finishing this season has been spot on and hes a man BANG in form. I personally would of bought Bent, and id break the bank for Torres if we could because we still lack a quality, direct striker. For the time being though, im positive Bellamy would have a bigger impact than any of the others, and this could only benefit Ade's game too.

This guy?

flash.jpg

Anyone remember the live action Flash series in the early 90's? T'was awesome.

i couldnt agree more are we expecting too much that we could beat a side like hull if so we have no chance of top 8 let alone top 4.seven poxy draws new record come on hughes sort it out!!! if not i see the chosen one jose is looking for a job he would be the one to take us forward not this welsh twat!!!!

maso314 said:
i couldnt agree more are we expecting too much that we could beat a side like hull if so we have no chance of top 8 let alone top 4.seven poxy draws new record come on hughes sort it out!!! if not i see the chosen one jose is looking for a job he would be the one to take us forward not this welsh twat!!!!
Hello & possibly goodbye after the racist remark.

Mattyc55 said:
Other than Shaun, there wasn't one other forward-thinking city player who got in behind the Hull defence today, and its been a common problem with the side. We have two forwards who are keen to either come deep for the ball, or drag defenders out wide and make things happen that way, what they DO NOT do though is get in behind the opponents defence and score goals that way, and so we end up with about 7 players in midfield playing wishy washy (often pretty) sideways football that goes nowhere unless shauny gets passed his full back; which fair play to him he did today quite effectively. This is in no way a slur on the qualities of Ade and Tevez as I rate them highly when used in the right way, but were dying for a Defoe, a Darren Bent or an Agbonlahor, someone who will gamble on the last man and get in behind. At times I feel as if im at an Athletico Madrid game the way we pass it around the midfield without actually even going anywhere and not only is it frustrating, but it also equates to a distinct lack of clear cut chances being created. What Hughes fails to recognise though is that we do in fact have someone in that mould, and Bellamy has proved many a time that not only does he possess the pace to get in behind, his finishing this season has been spot on and hes a man BANG in form. I personally would of bought Bent, and id break the bank for Torres if we could because we still lack a quality, direct striker. For the time being though, im positive Bellamy would have a bigger impact than any of the others, and this could only benefit Ade's game too.

Robi got behind or in the box several times and also setup Ireland and Tevez in the box with the back line beside. That said, I agree that Tevez likes to hold the ball too much and Ade is a pure target man and should not be on the wing. Both I think are class players, though. I especially think supporters do not fully think through how much Tevez adds to the team when he is on the field (put Tevez and Bellamy on either wing and you don't even need fullbacks anymore).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.