We're Set To Drop Another Pot!

Re: We're Set To Drop A Pot!

Doesn't matter does it with no manager and the club waiting on an absent owner to make a decision

Just in case people do not understand how this works, we are 22nd in the co-efficient league which will mean pot 3, once the next campaign starts we could drop to as low as 30 as we lose 20 points from the 08/09 season, so pot 3 the year after unless we have another disastrous campaign and end in pot 4. People might scoff at The Europa but valuable points can be gained

Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, Porto and Benfica are all possible teams we can draw from Pot 1 eh? I'll be (and excuse me from saying) sh!tting bricks come the day for the draw.

Oh and even Dortmund win the CL that means we can draw them out as well..ouch. At least we may possibly miss out on Juve and PSG by staying in Pot 3. There will certainly be some good groups though.

BlueAnorak said:
Nice Spin.
We were only in Pot 2 last season (just) because of the teams that qualified.
We will be in Pot 3 because of the other teams that have/will qualify.
Frankly I'm glad. Look at the other teams in Pot 3! If we would have been in Pot 2 - we would have been in another 'Death' group for sure. There is now an even chance we will avoid one this year - but I doubt it.

Dont jinx it...

Oh yeah, I forgot that Doutmond would move to pot 1 if they win it this season.

When people complain about our draw, I always think 'I bet Real weren't exactly with there group and they were in pot 1'!At least we got to watch exciting matches home and away against really good opposition.

Don't think we will have it any tougher than last season so it is not important who we play but rather how we play.

My one criticism of Mancini was his tactics in europe.

simonmdm said:
Oh yeah, I forgot that Doutmond would move to pot 1 if they win it this season.
I don't think that's correct - as both finalists have qualified for the CL by league position the holders place in Pot 1 won't be used.

We have had two difficult champions league groups in the last two years, and we have been confident each season of qualifying. We gave it a good go in the first season but we didn't play as well as we could have done. Last season we were poor most of the year both domestically and in Europe.

For me it wouldn't matter if we do draw Bayern or Barca, we can compete with anyone in Europe, we just need a bit more nous from our manager, and the ability to transfer those tactics to the players.

Next season we will qualify from our group at the very least, and a semi final would be fine, if we can compete in the domestic league and cups as well.

It shouldn't matter what pot were in, we have world class players on world class wages they should get a grip and smash some of these sides

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.