West Brom (A) | Post-Match Thread

If we win the league then we will have won it 3 times in 4 seasons. No team in the history of English football has won it 4 times in 4 seasons. Are you saying the only way Pep wouldn’t have questions to answer is if we won the league 4 times out of 4?
Oh come on. last season was a fiasco with the honourable exception of the league cup win. We never challenged in the league, blew the FA cup to fkn Arsenal and the less said about Lyon the better. This season started in a similar fashion so there was definitely questions to be asked of Pep. He knows it himself. I'm sure you've read what he said about Frank Lampards sacking.
"For all managers - you have to win. People talk about projects, but they don't exist, you have to win or you'll be sacked.
He doesn't expect to be judged on what his team has achieved 2 or 3 seasons ago.
In this game the here and now is everything.
The sword is about to fall on zidane despite all he has achieved. It's a ruthless business.

Oh come on. last season was a fiasco with the honourable exception of the league cup win. We never challenged in the league, blew the FA cup to fkn Arsenal and the less said about Lyon the better. This season started in a similar fashion so there was definitely questions to be asked of Pep. He knows it himself. I'm sure you've read what he said about Frank Lampards sacking.
"For all managers - you have to win. People talk about projects, but they don't exist, you have to win or you'll be sacked.
He doesn't expect to be judged on what his team has achieved 2 or 3 seasons ago.
The sword is about to fall on zidane despite all he has achieved. It's a ruthless business.
Less than 2 months ago you were calling for him to be sacked now you are back to thinking he is the messiah- bit fickle

Yeah, that’s football. That’s what happens. Liverpool are currently performing even worse than we were. Klopp is still an absolutely top coach though and they’ll come good again just like we have.

It’s nothing to do with the past. It’s about judging someone over a period of time. 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st would be an INCREDIBLE record if we were to go on and win the title from here. A record never bettered in the history of football in this country.

Comparing Lampard to Pep is moronic considering Chelsea are mid table and City were 2nd for most of last season following back to back league titles. I dunno, looking at how things are panning out, maybe I just see things in a better way than you do.

Yeah, that’s football. That’s what happens. Liverpool are currently performing even worse than we were. Klopp is still an absolutely top coach though and they’ll come good again just like we have.

It’s nothing to do with the past. It’s about judging someone over a period of time. 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st would be an INCREDIBLE record if we were to go on and win the title from here. A record never bettered in the history of football in this country.

Comparing Lampard to Pep is moronic considering Chelsea are mid table and City were 2nd for most of last season following back to back league titles. I dunno, looking at how things are panning out, maybe I just see things in a better way than you do.
No one is above criticism or reproach. And no one is free from mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.