West Brom (A) | Post-Match Thread

One interesting thing is that we haven't really faced many parked buses as of late. I think the false 9 does well as far as dragging teams out of the box.
Agree. I think pep has worked out a new way of drawing teams out. Our false 9 is changed with about 4 players during a game confusing defenders

Although not aimed at me, I feel obliged to say that that was along with half the forum. And another sneering prick on this thread wrote off Merlin as finished about 4 years ago, IIRC.

Some are not as savant or as lily-white as they like to make out. Unless posters were seriously and unjustifiably OTT, scoffing with the benefit of hindsight is a risky game.

Yes there were plenty writing off Silva, many still posting plenty, and act as if they said nothing. Although one poster has admitted his folly to me and we can laugh about it now. As I said the old threads are there when evidence is needed.
It is , it seems, the nature of football fans, and especially those posting on a forum that the team they support is full of shite players. Even if that team is top of the table, in a cup final, and the ko stages of the CL, and last 16 of the FA cup.
One aside, CITY have lost 2 games this season, GUNDOG, did not start either.

Although not aimed at me, I feel obliged to say that that was along with half the forum. And another sneering prick on this thread wrote off Merlin as finished about 4 years ago, IIRC.

Some are not as savant or as lily-white as they like to make out. Unless posters were seriously and unjustifiably OTT, scoffing with the benefit of hindsight is a risky game. Everyone’s posts are a matter of record for those who can be arsed digging them out.
You make a good point. It's surprising how often you forget your old opinions. For those who keep diaries, reading what you thought about friends, life, politics etc. a few years ago can be a real eye-opener!

Scanning through an old thread yesterday, I read how you thought John Stones was Shite and needed to be offloaded ASAP. Need to add him to your squad. LOL
Me and just about everyone else including the Manager. Great to see him showing what he is capable off. hardly a surprise that people had lost faith in him.

Yes there were plenty writing off Silva, many still posting plenty, and act as if they said nothing. Although one poster has admitted his folly to me and we can laugh about it now. As I said the old threads are there when evidence is needed.
It is , it seems, the nature of football fans, and especially those posting on a forum that the team they support is full of shite players. Even if that team is top of the table, in a cup final, and the ko stages of the CL, and last 16 of the FA cup.
One aside, CITY have lost 2 games this season, GUNDOG, did not start either.
Ha, yes. Over-reacting to highs and lows goes with the job description. And it’s moot that some players shining now looked moderate a year ago and vice versa. The only thing I object to is seriously dissing (as opposed to criticising) genuine players or the manager.

Me and just about everyone else including the Manager. Great to see him showing what he is capable off. hardly a surprise that people had lost faith in him.
No one saw him regaining his form and his place in a Pep side,many still believed he could maybe do it elsewhere,if he sorted his head out,but his circumstances and the form of Laporte,and signing of Ake,had him with one foot out the door.

Truly astonishing 'comeback'.

How much genuine controversy was generated by City's second goal? I ask this after watching MotD and listening to Fat Sam's comments dismissing as "rubbish" any assertion the players don't stop when the flag goes up. I can only assume this is very different from what he said to his players in the privacy of the dressing room. He knows, as well as anyone, that the flag should not be raised until the "phase of play" is over, which wasn't the case until Cancelo ended it. He should know that the flag is a signal to the ref NOT to the players. He should also know that the VAR team will have the final word on offside if the phase of play results in a goal. And he should know that only the referee's whistle halts play, and, as last Wednesday the referee knew this perfectly. BFS knows that his own players cannot be allowed to officiate matches, and if he needed reminding of this City taught him a lesson he'll never forget. Last night the linelady made a mistake but WBA made an enormous one.

As a post script to my last two posts, it‘s good that most posters say they are pleased to be proved wrong when circumstances change and someone comes back from the dead. The praise for, e.g. John Stones, has been generous.

It‘s a small minority of ungracious twats who place themselves above the common herd and they make themselves pretty obvious.

Wow, what a performance, a sight to behold for any City fan, Pep has shown the media, and a few doubters on here up recently, and who cannot be happy with that.

Seems that Pep and the players are willing to change tactics to suit the current enviroment of opposition styles and players available after all, that mini slump a few weeks back was just a transition to where we are now.

Whatever happens for the rest of the season, at this moment we are in a better position than any other team in the league.

The improvement in players like Gundo, Stones, Cancelo and Rodri has seen them go from ffsakers in the match threads to match winners on the pitch, its been almost like having new signings in those positions. Add to that Zinchenko finding his form of previous seasons( have more confidence in him than Mendy for sure) and Phil getting the game time and improving, and we are experiencing a mini revival without spending "gazillions".

Why, apart from the above slip of the tongue even bt and savage were more than fair to us last night, and who couldnt be seduced by that display.........apart from rags and cultists.

Was going to answer those in the match thread calling for Raz to be subbed, that at 3-0 up is the time to leave him on, incase he gets a goal to build confidence, thankfully thats what happened and Peps much recently maligned subs policy was proved to be "savvy".

That second "offside" goal is just a stick for the media to beat up our performance with in the headlines,(not that all of them have tbf), and they know we are in the ascendency.

Us fans can again look forward to our games with justified optimism, and a maintenance of anything near this current form will give us a big chance of multiple trophies again, in the big picture of these troubled times that is a small consolation.........but very very welcome.

In total agreement. Stones has once again reminded a few that his passing ability into midfield and out wide, has taken the responsibility and need for Walker to play the inside ball all the time.

Dias keeps it very simple and it was fascinating to see how the back three including Laporte were given a try together.

Raheem, like Gabby, doesn't seem convinced himself that he knows what he is going to do once he arrives at his destination, if he gets there at all.

All the same, he is the only player who gives us outright pace that teams are wary of.

Foden on the other side did an unselfish job on the left. He could have received the ball a lot more more was more than happy to keep the pitch wide, allowing Gundo to occupy his space inside.

KDB wide right for Mahrez, Aguero for Sterling up top, that's the only change for improvement I could see coming if they are all fit?
I can see him playing in Europe with 3 at the back with Cancelo & Zinchenko wing backs

Imagine Alaba down the left it would be some team

Ederson
Stones Dias Laporte
Cancelo Zinchenko
Rodri
Kev Gundagun
Bernardo Phil

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.