West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

Channel 5 had us on first, had Sheamus Given as the pundit and the commentator said Leroy Sane was "another one of the production line"

What's going on?

http://www.fifa.com/development/news/y=1998/m=3/news=fifa-crack-down-tackle-from-behind-70380.html

Referees are to take stronger action against the tackle from behind.

The International Football Association Board, holding its 112th meeting in Paris, decided upon the following addition to Law XII :

A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card.

The new ruling, which is designed to further eliminate brutality from the game, will enter into force for the 1998 FIFA World Cup, and worldwide from 1 July this year. It follows the advice from the FIFA Technical and Sports Medical Committees and the large number of injuries sustained by players being illegally tackled from behind.

The IFAB also agreed that The Football Association should start a study into the possibilities of some form of technology – without defining what kind – to ascertain whether the whole of the ball has crossed the goal-line between the posts. This is, however, only a study, and is intended primarily as an assistance to the referee and not with the intent to replace him by a machine of any form.

The F.A. will also be permitted to conduct experiments, in Jersey, which would allow the referee to advance a free-kick by 9.15m. (10 yards) in the event that the defensive wall refuses to respect this distance. If this resulted in a direct free-kick being advanced into the penalty area, the kick would still be carried out as a direct free-kick and not as a penalty-kick. The Board stressed that here, too, the aim was to help the referee to maintain control of the game.

The International Board is composed of the four British national associations (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) and by four representatives of FIFA.

Fucking joke of a referee..
Someone needs to send Jones the joke that because he is wank at refereeing

Horrible hatchet job as expected by Pulis but the game should have been over at half time. Bet Pep couldn't believe it, after the week we have just had.

Win the most important thing, keep it rolling for saturday now.

Maybe there has been overreaction but what about only one yellow to the four we were given.

Sane was for kicking the ball away stupidly and Sterlings was for mouthing off. Two very avoidable cards but fully deserving. I think Delphs booking was a poor decision as i believe it was a good tackle and wasn't even a foul but it did look a bit nasty in real time, The ref obviously didn't have the hindsight of a replay so i can see why he'd book him thinking it was a foul, and i honestly can't remember why Danilo was booked. As for them, Yacob was rightly booked for the Gundogan foul, certainly wasn't a red. And aside from that there wasn't anything from them that you can say absolutely warranted a card, a few cynical tactical fouls that if you were to book somebody for you'd have 5v5 every match.

The ref was adequate. For those calling it a terrible performance, what exactly was so terrible about it? I can think of literally 1/2 mildly contentious decisions from both sides at most and nothing else. He spotted the foul on Gundogan in the first half in our own box that could have let them equalise, i thought he actually made the right call several times when Bernardo lost the ball or went over very easily looking for a foul when it wasn't one. (something that Bernardo needs to adjust to) It's just people over reacting because Gundogan might have been injured from a poor challenge that the player was punished for. Is the ref supposed to say to West Brom players you're not allowed to go near him because he's just coming back from an injury?

Shithouse club and manager, couldn't get a kick first half apart from 2/3 on Jesus, decided to twat us all second half with the referee helping them out.

After 3 games where we got an even to good break it was back to normal with Jones.

Hope Gud is ok.

Fuck off West Brom.

Sane was for kicking the ball away stupidly and Sterlings was for mouthing off. Two very avoidable cards but fully deserving. I think Delphs booking was a poor decision as i believe it was a good tackle and wasn't even a foul but it did look a bit nasty in real time, The ref obviously didn't have the hindsight of a replay so i can see why he'd book him thinking it was a foul, and i honestly can't remember why Danilo was booked. As for them, Yacob was rightly booked for the Gundogan foul, certainly wasn't a red. And aside from that there wasn't anything from them that you can say absolutely warranted a card, a few cynical tactical fouls that if you were to book somebody for you'd have 5v5 every match.

The ref was adequate. For those calling it a terrible performance, what exactly was so terrible about it? I can think of literally 1/2 mildly contentious decisions from both sides at most and nothing else. He spotted the foul on Gundogan in the first half in our own box that could have let them equalise, i thought he actually made the right call several times when Bernardo lost the ball or went over very easily looking for a foul when it wasn't one. (something that Bernardo needs to adjust to) It's just people over reacting because Gundogan might have been injured from a poor challenge that the player was punished for. Is the ref supposed to say to West Brom players you're not allowed to go near him because he's just coming back from an injury?

Sane and Sterlings cards were borne out frustration. Avoidable yes, but you could see they were pissed at Jones' inconsistency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.