West Brom Post Match Thread

The most satisfying thing about last night for me is that it showed the "IT'S A RISK TO PLAY A KID FOR 20 MINS AT 2-0 UP" crowd how bollocks that incredibly naff opinion is. Is it fuck. Playing an exceptionally talented kid, especially out wide for 30 mins, basically offers next to no risk. The worst that happens is that they're a bit quiet and that's basically about it. Brahim is quite clearly an exceptionally talented young player and letting him settle into this team should be relatively high on the priority list at the moment given the current injuries.

I’m so bored of the ‘what if sergio, sterling and bernardo got injured? What then?’ kinda arguments too. It’s ‘what if’ nonsense, and it’s relatively self-entitled too. We’ll just have to deal with it, like every other team should have to. I’d have loved Mahrez, as he’s quality, but I am not in anyway disappointed that we might have to find a solution that doesn’t cost £80m. You can’t throw money at every problem and using a young lad to get us through the tougher moments will, in my eyes at least, actually add a bit more value to our successes. It makes it that little bit sweeter.

Managers should have to manage and make do sometimes, and there’s no one better at finding a solution than Pep. I’m so glad he put Brahim on relatively early last night. He did exactly what he had to do when he had to. It was notable in my opinion too that because he had more than four minutes he was a lot more assured in possession. He didn’t give the ball away as much, cos he wasn’t as eager to make an impression. He felt settled and a lot less over-excited. The more he plays, the more he’ll feel at home. He’s a special little player with absolutely bags of desire and exceptional work rate. I’m glad he might get his chance.

On top of that Nmecha being added to the 1st team squad is also good news though I would have had him on the bench the last few weeks anyway

very good and a professional victory ! Kdb , sterling and Kun played really well and Laporte had a good 1st game

That challenge on Diaz was a fucking outrage.
But nothing will come of it because he was booked. If it was one of our team, it would be on Sly Sports loop until they were banned. It’s only a matter of time before we have a career ending injury due to the ineptitude of the officials. It’s a contact sport, but there’s no place for dirty assaults like these.

As comfortable a victory as you'll see in the league this season against a team which would of been high on confidence after beating the dippers at klanfield.

Thought we played some great stuff and should have scored at least another 4.
As per referee was a disgrace and let the get away with a few nasty challenges.
Madely definitely has a problem with Walker, he let the late tackle on him go even though it was nasty.
It was a bit cold in SS3 any chance of them putting in heaters for us old fogeys lol.
Diaz looked good when he came on ..Laporte was very confident and good in the air.
KDB very good as usual but I thought Bernie was the motm..he looked so good.
Was good to see motd when I got back and Yoonited look fucking crap..nice to see Spuds turn up for a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.