West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Pellegrini is just a bitter twat who is trying to deflect that we have just spanked his team for about the 5th time in a row under his management. Look forward to us doing it again at home.

I thought that we were rusty in the first half where the highlight for me was Gabby's goal - such a deft touch and clever run. The attacking midfield in particular weren't really firing and we gave the ball away far too much. Second half much better and it was obvious that a Pep 1/2 time 'chat' works wonders. Kev started to play better which made a difference, Raheem was playing for spells like a second striker, making runs from deep into the box which really tore them to bits. It was something new that I hadn't seen implemented with a second central striker and I thought it worked very well. His speed of movement is very impressive. If you look at the VAR photo for his second, he is a blur.

Turning to VAR, whilst I dont like the impact it has on spontaneity, it did get the decisions correct and I dont feel like it was being used to screw city. Time will tell wether we get consistency in reviews of goals - there is a case for showing every goal review even if its allowed to ensure transparency. Also a case to review the offside law to bring back the concept of daylight between the players.

Thought all our back 5 were good. Hope Kyle continues to put in that type of shift. Zink was better defensively than last season. I do think he continues to develop as a competent full back. Raheem is something else and could score a shedload if he continues in the centre like that. Mahrez had his best game for us.

So just about a perfect first game. Looking forward to Saturday.

I am quite confident that he will boss games for us.
If you consider he’s had a handful of games for us he’s not far off where we need him to be.
His football intelligence is there to see. He just needs to realise he will not have the time on the ball he has been used to.
My comparison with Yaya was only in terms of his calm in possession and ball retaining quality. He clearly will never have the offensive ability of Yaya but that’s not what he has been bought in to do....
Lets hope you're right. In the post match thread from the cs game someone said he reminded him of Garcia, now that's scary shit.

Actually there is point to be made about using a frame by frame view.
Since it is recorded at only 25 full frames per second it is possible to pick two successive frames that contradict each other when decisions are very close. In other words unless recorded by slow mo cameras accurate decisions on very close calls are there to be manipulated.

Not true. It’s likely recorded higher FPS probably 60 or 120 so it can be slowed down. Even at 60fps this would allow it to be slowed down 2x and still be pretty clean.

25fps is only the TV output. Not what it’s captured in.

It’s also likely to be in 4K too. Most home movie cameras can shoot 60 or 120fps. Even an iPhone now does more.

I thought that we were rusty in the first half where the highlight for me was Gabby's goal - such a deft touch and clever run. The attacking midfield in particular weren't really firing and we gave the ball away far too much. Second half much better and it was obvious that a Pep 1/2 time 'chat' works wonders. Kev started to play better which made a difference, Raheem was playing for spells like a second striker, making runs from deep into the box which really tore them to bits. It was something new that I hadn't seen implemented with a second central striker and I thought it worked very well. His speed of movement is very impressive. If you look at the VAR photo for his second, he is a blur.

Turning to VAR, whilst I dont like the impact it has on spontaneity, it did get the decisions correct and I dont feel like it was being used to screw city. Time will tell wether we get consistency in reviews of goals - there is a case for showing every goal review even if its allowed to ensure transparency. Also a case to review the offside law to bring back the concept of daylight between the players.

Thought all our back 5 were good. Hope Kyle continues to put in that type of shift. Zink was better defensively than last season. I do think he continues to develop as a competent full back. Raheem is something else and could score a shedload if he continues in the centre like that. Mahrez had his best game for us.

So just about a perfect first game. Looking forward to Saturday.
You can only judge daylight between attacker and defender if the camera is bang in line, are they able to do this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.