west ham fans at the swamp

Was at West Ham the day we got relegated, end of the game there supporters rushed onto the pitch running towards our end, thought oh fuck its going to kick off large here! They stopped about the penalty area and applauded us! Singing "loyal supporters" and "You"ll be back". Top supporters have had an affinity with Hammers fans ever since!

Mothball said:
Was at West Ham the day we got relegated, end of the game there supporters rushed onto the pitch running towards our end, thought oh fuck its going to kick off large here! They stopped about the penalty area and applauded us! Singing "loyal supporters" and "You"ll be back". Top supporters have had an affinity with Hammers fans ever since!
They got to the penalty spot and realised there was more hooligans in our end then fans, big turnout that day.

yeseye said:
Mothball said:
They got to the penalty spot and realised there was more hooligans in our end then fans, big turnout that day.

Ha Ha there certainly was! Mate of mine got threw out of the ground for not giving the Matchball back!!!

I think us blues have more affinity with West Ham than any other London club, as they are a lot like us. Proper fans of a proper club with great tradition.
I used to stay in Ilford and drink in a local pub full of hammers with never a problem. They hate Millwall Chelsea and Manure, in that order, but have a soft spot for us.

They have always been the best fans in London and Upton Park has always been a great away trip for City fans. We have much in common. Lots of passion and not much success (before 2011) Many serious drinks in the Queen's and the Boleyn pubs. First went there in 1977 in pre-segregation days. It was total chaos.They hate the rags almost as much as us.

Mothball said:
My Dad has told me this story a lot over the years.

I went down to West Ham myself and had a good day with some Hammers, was my birthday and they took us in a few pubs before the game. They hate everyone we hate.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:58 pm --<br /><br />
bobbyowenquiff said:
They have always been the best fans in London and Upton Park has always been a great away trip for City fans. We have much in common. Lots of passion and not much success (before 2011) Many serious drinks in the Queen's and the Boleyn pubs. First went there in 1977 in pre-segregation days. It was total chaos.They hate the rags almost as much as us.
One Hammer once said to me "United are our local rivals too!".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.