West Ham game rearranged for Wed 19th Feb, 7.30pm ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, the legendary battle for 2nd or 3rd place, much more important than the Real Madrid tie...
Yep. This was my reasoning.

What does it matter if we finish 2nd or 3rd in the League. We’re not going to win the League, so let’s go all out in competitions where we are a theoretical chance. Last thing we want is bruised and tired bodies going into the away leg at RM because they gave their all to solidify a 2nd place in the League.

Yep. This was my reasoning.

What does it matter if we finish 2nd or 3rd in the League. We’re not going to win the League, so let’s go all out in competitions where we are a theoretical chance. Last thing we want is bruised and tired bodies going into the away leg at RM because they gave their all to solidify a 2nd place in the League.

I know I have no idea why people obsess about being second. Sure it's with a few extra quid for the club but second in any competition is failure, well except when it's Liverpool and then it's the most glorious thing ever.

financially for the club it is
Not sure about that, I think you’ll find there is more prize money for winning a single Champions League match (let alone progressing to next stage) than is the difference in prize from 2nd to 3rd

the amounts of prize money for both comps are widely available on web

The CL is definitely the priority. But that doesn’t mean that we can disregard the Pl. Defeats, such as the one at Spurs aren’t that important if they’re one offs. But a succession of bad results, including if we lose at Leicester, will inevitably sap morale and make it less likely that we’ll win the cl.

It’s a balancing act between ensuring that the players are fresh for cl games, but keeping some momentum going in the pl.

I have just seen this game is rearranged for a CL night. I thought there was a rule that they were sacred in all of football and playing non CL football on a CL night was a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.