West Ham (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

It was a struggle but job done.

Congrats to Haaland. Hes come into this league and obliterated the records. Sensational.

Having Ake back at LB was a huge plus.

The negative…that right hand side of Walker and Mahrez is fucking abysmal.
I'm curious to hear others' opinions on Walker.

Do the positives of him out there really outweigh the negatives at this point?

IMO they don't. Akanji is far more comfortable on the ball and while he's not as quick, he's certainly no slouch in the pace department. I assume he's been playing because Pep does have one eye on Madrid and Walker is best suited to match up with Vini on that side.

Great 2nd half, crucial 3 points, another clean sheet.

more of the same needed vs Leeds to put pressure onto Arsenal. do fucking hope Barcodes aint gonna be opening up their legs at home to Odegaard and Saka. I bet the referee will be booed a lot for trying to help Arse.

hopefully no injuries vs Leeds, Big Fat Sam will try to put some heavy tackles against us.

I'm curious to hear others' opinions on Walker.

Do the positives of him out there really outweigh the negatives at this point?

IMO they don't. Akanji is far more comfortable on the ball and while he's not as quick, he's certainly no slouch in the pace department. I assume he's been playing because Pep does have one eye on Madrid and Walker is best suited to match up with Vini on that side.
I thought Walker was fine. Was playing more as a RCB than a RB, so obviously wasn't going to get forward as much as he otherwise would.

It was a struggle but job done.

Congrats to Haaland. Hes come into this league and obliterated the records. Sensational.

Having Ake back at LB was a huge plus.

The negative…that right hand side of Walker and Mahrez is fucking abysmal.
Walker doing the job of 2 people with Mahrez ahead of him.

Walker doing the job of 2 people with Mahrez ahead of him.
That's what I thought. We practically won with 10 men... (I know he took the freekick for the opener).
I feel like he's vital with vinicius coming up... But whether Pep sees it that way is something else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.