West Ham to be re-investigated over conduct of Tevez signing

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Might this have issues for our own Mr Aldridge?

Quite possible.

Although if you were a conspiracy theorist you could argue that he might have information on West Ham that would give us the upper hand in any transfer negotiations if such information was to find it's way to the FA.

moomba said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Might this have issues for our own Mr Aldridge?

Quite possible.

Although if you were a conspiracy theorist you could argue that he might have information on West Ham that would give us the upper hand in any transfer negotiations if such information was to find it's way to the FA.

mmmmm but then he would win this years Mike Newell shooting your career in football in the foot award for telling the truth to the FA!

The Fat el Hombre said:
End of the day they're competition so fuck em

What are we competition for?

"Who can be the most inept, soap-opera-like, bunch of serial underachievers?"

(In a dead heat with Newcastle and Tottenham of course)

westhammatt said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Thats naughty that danny

fine the fuckers then we get parker for a snip dont really want him my-self but looks like we are gonna get him so at cut price would be better, as for tevez get him aswell win win

I remember reading an article before saying that if the FA were to investigate it again, then Aldridge would be called in to answer questions - he wasn't interviewed previously.

Now bearing in mind that the FA wouldn't investigate if they weren't expecting anything to come up, chances are something will come of this. Paul Aldridge was involved in the affair, and now sorts out the transfers of players with Gary Cook.

If he gets found to have behaved improperly, I can bet the the FA or the police will be just checking over the Robinho and Bridge transfers.....doubt them two deals with have anything dodgy, but as a matter of process, they should do.

scall1 said:
I remember reading an article before saying that if the FA were to investigate it again, then Aldridge would be called in to answer questions - he wasn't interviewed previously.

Now bearing in mind that the FA wouldn't investigate if they weren't expecting anything to come up, chances are something will come of this. Paul Aldridge was involved in the affair, and now sorts out the transfers of players with Gary Cook.

If he gets found to have behaved improperly, I can bet the the FA or the police will be just checking over the Robinho and Bridge transfers.....doubt them two deals with have anything dodgy, but as a matter of process, they should do.

Yes the club should have stayed well clear of this guy, because you never know what it might turn up.

westhammatt said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

LOL...welcome, and very well said...

Bet you wish you'd never seen that ugly fucker in a West Ham shirt...then again, you'd be playing Championship football if you hadn't...

anyone else find it odd, they beat rags 1-0 at the factory of dreams
last day of season. to stay up.
then tevez went to trafford on loan straight after.....

BillyShears said:
Bet you wish you'd never seen that ugly fucker in a West Ham shirt...then again, you'd be playing Championship football if you hadn't...

For sure on the first statement. The second is more debatable. I'd contend that we would have been fading out into mid-table obscurity that season if tevez and mascherano hadn't signed in the first place and upset the apple cart so much. It took about 20 games for tevez to even begin to play well for us, over which we had a startling loss of form (compared with the previous season where we'd done well and reached the FA Cup final, very very nearly winning). That's the main reason this whole business arses me off so much. It's ultimately over a clause which was only theoretically detrimental to our club, and signing a player who on balance contributed very little, other than in a couple of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.