West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Just watching the replay and Cresswell was encroaching as the ball was struck, so the penalty should have been retaken, as he then cleared the rebound. Still, VAR were never going to give us 2 decisions, let alone the 3 they should have!

Hard to know how to feel, pleased with a point from 2-0 down, disappointed that we’ve let it slip with yet another missed penalty at a crucial time. Defensively we looked all over the show at times and I guess were fortunate not to concede a third. Got to turn up and show our mettle against Villa on Sunday cos whatever Gerrard says, he’ll be desperate to help Liverpool.

I can. He missed a penalty. One that would have effectively won us the League. People are naturally disappointed and venting. It wasn’t a great penalty.

Added to that he was anonymous for most of the match and did sod all defensively. He is a luxury player that has some sublime skill but frankly, across all seasons he has been with us if you were to assess him objectively he’s not quick, can only play one position and is the worst defensive player of anyone else in our team.
Strange game to play him in today,

At this stage of the season have to view that as one point gained. However, with the penalty miss it's also hard not to see it as 2 points dropped. It's still in our own hands which is all you can ask for. Come on City!!!!
You could also say when ferna passed it back to the West Ham player, he should have scored, we did well to get the point and we are still in pole position

Not sure why so much negativity on here.. I’m in a much brighter mood than I was an hour ago!
Totally agree but I think people are cursing how we managed to let two in, in the first half and then fail to pick up the three points because of a missed penalty.

All in all I would have taken a draw at the start (as I predicted) and definitely would have at half time, though I did think we might win it from then. TBF I wasn't really fazed at the half, something inside of me said we weren't going to lose,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.