West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

Didn't he miss the one at West Ham in the cup?

There's no natural taker in our team, no Yaya or Balo etc so for my money use your best player Kev. He'll miss sometimes too but he'd be taking them in my mind if on the pitch.
I think that peoples' judgement on Mahrez penalties is clouded by the one he failed to score against the dippers a few years ago.
I believe that was the last one he missed for us in the league.
27 pens taken
20 successfully.
Kev's record is 10 scored from 12 taken.

1) Jesus was not injured at all during that period.

2) Haaland's injury problems are to do with Marco Rose, the Dortmund coach, who has received loads of criticism for his training methods giving his players muscle injuries. Haaland had no muscle injuries before this.

3) Lewandowski started 91 out of 100 possible matches for Guardiola at Bayern. If Haaland plays well, he will play every match he's fit for.

4) Alvarez.
Lewy started all matches this season and was nearly never injured during his career. He was not even injured in all of the 9 matches he did not start during Guardiola's time in Munich. Same story with Müller. They are exceptions that cannot be examples for others.

I know it’s easy to say after the fact but despite Mahrez being quite tidy at Pens recently, I had zero expectation it was going in..
Just wish he would have drilled the fucker down the middle .. Southampton will get their arseholes handed to em tonight but I fully expect City to do the business on Sunday, regardless ..

When Mahrez takes a penalty he makes his mind up where he’s going to place it and then commits to it. He doesn’t seem bothered about trying to outwit the keeper.

That approach is usually fine. But it does mean that if the goalkeeper has studied his pens (as they usually do) and worked out his body positioning approaching the ball, they’ll usually guess correctly. Which means it has to be struck perfectly to beat the keeper.

Tell you what, we will regret if we let Jesus go this summer ahead of Sterling.

His desire and intensity is a huge asset to us.
I totally agree with you...and he is getting better technically... keeping Jesus will be very important but i can see the balancing of the books may take priority..i'd rather try and rustle up £60m in some other way (s)

I think that peoples' judgement on Mahrez penalties is clouded by the one he failed to score against the dippers a few years ago.
I believe that was the last one he missed for us in the league.
27 pens taken
20 successfully.
Kev's record is 10 scored from 12 taken.
If Kev takes pens and he happens to miss, it won't bother him for more than about 20 seconds. The guy has no nerves at all. Mahrez always hits them at a comfortable height for GKs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.