West Ham vs Manchester City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Team picks itself for me, Lescott to come back in to deal with West Hams aerial threat, Milner in midfield next to Barry giving Yaya some freedom to get get forward and Silva to replace Nasri who is always invisible away from home.

560273_Manchester_City.jpg

I'd agree, but are Silva, Zaba or Maicon going to be fit?

Think it's going to be a tough game, would take another 1-0.

Stop that twat Nolan, simple. Carroll is worse than Mario, can't trap a bag of wet cement

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Presuming we are without Zabaleta,Maicon,Garcia and Silva I would play Milner at right back
Hart
Milner Kompany Nastasic Clichy
Sinclair yaya barry KolorovTevez Dzeko
Would you really have Kolarov as a winger after his latest performance? I hope Sinclair is given a chance.

Isn't James still suspended?

---------------------Hart---------------------------
Clichy--------Kompany---Lescott-------------Rekik
-------------Yaya---------Barry--------------------
Nasri--------------Aguero--------------------Sinclair
-------------------Dzeko---------------------------

alky313 said:
Isn't James still suspended?

---------------------Hart---------------------------
Clichy--------Kompany---Lescott-------------Rekik
-------------Yaya---------Barry--------------------
Nasri--------------Aguero--------------------Sinclair
-------------------Dzeko---------------------------

think it was only a one match suspension, hope sinclair plays

I personally believe that this game will be our hardest yet.

You kinda' know what to expect from Big Sam for this game; long balls, 4-5-1, defending deep and Andy Carroll.

I definately think we have to go little and large for this game, Weat Ham are going to expect everything played to our feet from us, so why not play them at their own game a little by playing Dzeko?!
Do we play Tevez with him, who is last games goal scorer or Aguero, a man who needs a goal? Either way one will be on the bench ready for Ajax next Tuesday. Mancini will definately in my opinion go for a Tevez - Kun or a Tevez/Kun - Balotelli partnership against the Dutch.

I can see Andy Carroll up top on his own, I think Lescott is a definate due to his heading ability, Nastasic will be better suited for Ajax. The MEN reckon Zabaleta will be back come weekend, which really is about right! A strained hamstring does not last 2/3 weeks, if it was torn then yes.

--------------------Hart-----------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Lescott--Kolarov
------------Barry------Yaya------------
---Nasri---------Agüero---------Sinclair
------------------Džeko-----------------

I think we can go quite attacking with Kolarov and playing just 2 CM's as I think we will get most of the possession anyway, I do think that Mancini will drop Sinclair and put Milner in midfield compared to my desired setup.

I am expecting a very tough tight knit game, but an early goal should open them up a little! Something we haven't been doing this season, as most teams in the PL are happy to sit back and try and get a draw or hold on for as long as possible and nick it late on when we are tired after we have been playing most of the football ala Sunderland last season.

Doubtful that Zabaleta will be risked with Ajax approaching. RM will have to go with Kolo Toure at right back, possibly in a three central defence scenario.

lionheart said:
Doubtful that Zabaleta will be risked with Ajax approaching. RM will have to go with Kolo Toure at right back, possibly in a three central defence scenario.

I would like to see our strongest players on Saturday as i hope the Premiership is now the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.