WEURO22 Final Winners England 2 v Germany 1 AET 31st July Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Sarina, her assistants and, of course, all the squad. As I previously said, I believed that once these girls had a proper, top-quality coach, rather than a third-rate clown, who was only appointed because of the club he used to play for, they would become a major force in world football. And so it proved.

They were superb throughout the tournament, and fully deserved to win it.

It was brilliant that the winning goal was scored by a City player, though you’d never know it. I don’t remember the commentators nor the pundits mentioning it. Well done Chloë! I counted 11 members of the squad with a City connection, either past or present. That’s practically half the group.

I thought our girls were brilliant throughout the game, especially Keira, whom I made Player of the Match. She was fantastic; her pass to the ragette for the first was sublime. Ellen should perhaps have done better with the two chances she had, but overall, she was a constant thorn in the side of the German defence. And Lauren was her usual brilliant self, scaring their defenders to death. Alex also played her part in keeping Germany at bay.

Great contributions from Lucy, Georgia and Jill, too. And congratulations to her for becoming the first English footballer to play in two major finals.

As was mentioned post-match, this will do wonders for women's football in this country.

Once again, congratulations to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.