We've joined the elite now

swings and roundabouts all change again when we get the opposite results and the 50/50 decisions go against us ;)

Not quite at the elite stage yet.
We know we will be at the Elite stage when:

We get nonsense penalties given to us when we are struggling in a match.
Opposition gets a player sent off for nothing when we are struggling in a match (often later overturned).
We stop getting 2-3 times the amount of yellow cards in a game than the opposition despite us having 65% of the ball, yellows often for nothing tackles that most other teams seem to get away with.

You could look at every corner taken by both teams (in any match) and find shirt pulling, pushing or tugging, which could be given as a penalty. That said, we were very lucky with this one. Remember how we were all screaming for a penalty when Balo almost had his shirt removed in the last second of a Chumps League match this season?

Pingu the Penguin said:
Dodgy pennos not given, clear read cards not given, retrospective action claims blagged away

Don't be fooled PP! Clear attempt by Bernstein and his stooge Foy to lead us into thinking there is no AGENDA! I'm not fooled in the slightest. Elbow in Sergio's ribcage, studs down the back of Sergio's achilles, Clichy Hazard-handled like some common Millwall fan, Yaya ankle-tapped as he's entering the penalty area. Not a bloody free kick in sight! Clear attempts to disrupt our preparations and award the PieEaters a default final win! Don't drop yer guard!

dronefromsector7g said:
Nowhere near balancing out yet.

Indeed. 30 years of it would go most of the way.

All we need now is a media vetting process where any press conference serves only to provide an advert for the club. Anyone asking awkward questions simply not to be let in. Perhaps Roberto can start picking the refs for the game? I know that one would be hard as he would have to go through HQ located in Stretford.

hertsblue said:
Not quite at the elite stage yet.
We know we will be at the Elite stage when:

We get nonsense penalties given to us when we are struggling in a match.
Opposition gets a player sent off for nothing when we are struggling in a match (often later overturned).
We stop getting 2-3 times the amount of yellow cards in a game than the opposition despite us having 65% of the ball, yellows often for nothing tackles that most other teams seem to get away with.

And 9 minutes Fergie time.

I'm no cynic said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Jaochs said:
Nothing wrong? Come on now.

kompanyk.jpg
Looks like an elbow on Vincent by Torres to me....

Looks like a badly fitting shirt to me...

I can't help but see Torres grabbing hold of Vinnie's hand with his elbow!

Vinny was just stronger than Torres. If you freeze frame most incidens where players are running side by side there are all grappling like this. Had it been outside the area it wouldn't even have been a free kick.

Even that twat Jason Cundy on Chelsea TV yesterday admitted that the only way that penalty was going to be given was if the official was stood behind the goal. Perhaps Kompany was crafty enough to realise this and took the risk.

As for the Aguero incident. It was a let off but nothing surprises me anymore with the FA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.