What a club!

Mike Brock

Our club is battered daily by the media and general public but on Friday I was witness to how special and wonderful Manchester City really are.
My Dad, a season ticket holder for 70 years is now receiving end of life care at home and has been given just weeks to live. He wasn’t well enough to witness most of last season or any of this but on Friday the club paid him a visit at home with the Premier League trophy!
I’ve not seen him this happy and excited for such a long time and for my family and I it was a truly amazing and emotional afternoon. To see him like that after all the suffering was magical and something I will never forget.
We are blessed to follow such an incredible club. Thank you City from the bottom of my heart

Our club is battered daily by the media and general public but on Friday I was witness to how special and wonderful Manchester City really are.
My Dad, a season ticket holder for 70 years is now receiving end of life care at home and has been given just weeks to live. He wasn’t well enough to witness most of last season or any of this but on Friday the club paid him a visit at home with the Premier League trophy!
I’ve not seen him this happy and excited for such a long time and for my family and I it was a truly amazing and emotional afternoon. To see him like that after all the suffering was magical and something I will never forget.
We are blessed to follow such an incredible club. Thank you City from the bottom of my heart
Amazing, thank you for sharing

Beautiful story...

I know it's definitely far from an easy time knowing he's receiving end of life care but thanks for sharing this touching story, after him not being well for a while at least he e joyed this I'm glad to hear he's had an experience like that, also that it's the happiest he's been in a while too while being around his closest loved ones at home.

It is an amazing gesture by the club after such amazing loyal support from your dad, it's an astonishing amount of time he's spent following us, obviously your dad would've been supporting us well before his first season ticket too.

Time might be closing but you've got another amazing memory to look back on one of many precious moments together I'm sure, hoping your dad has as comfortable time as possible surrounded by loved ones.

Wishing you and the rest of you family all the best in the coming weeks to months, obviously I know it won't be an easy time but stay strong mate our thoughts are with you.

Beautiful story...

I know it's definitely far from an easy time knowing he's receiving end of life care but thanks for sharing this touching story, after him not being well for a while at least he e joyed this I'm glad to hear he's had an experience like that, also that it's the happiest he's been in a while too while being around his closest loved ones at home.

It is an amazing gesture by the club after such amazing loyal support from your dad, it's an astonishing amount of time he's spent following us, obviously your dad would've been supporting us well before his first season ticket too.

Time might be closing but you've got another amazing memory to look back on one of many precious moments together I'm sure, hoping your dad has as comfortable time as possible surrounded by loved ones.

Wishing you and the rest of you family all the best in the coming weeks to months, obviously I know it won't be an easy time but stay strong mate our thoughts are with you.
Thank you mate x

Thanks for sharing Mike, fantastic by the club that.

The interconnections between the club and the supporters make it so intertwined for life don’t they?
I became a City supporter thanks to my Mum, my Uncle and my Grandad. My Mum passed away 2 years ago, after being cared for in her own home. It happened during a European game one evening whilst me and my lad were at the Etihad.

She wasn’t in any state to be following the game on the radio by that point of the cancer, but I know she’d have loved that if we weren’t with her, the one other place we were, was at the match watching our beloved City :-)

Best wishes for the time you have left with your Dad, pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.