What a team - how do we improve on what we have?

MadchesterCity

Haalander; There can be only one, two, THREE!
Team supported
‘Rodri, Rodri, Rodri’ !!! PinchMe PinchMe PinchMe THREE was the magic number !!! CITY CITY CITY Manchester England Europe
From day one Mancini made it clear he wanted a player for every position (competition) and now he really has it with Tevez back

Here is how I roughly see them pairing up and it's a case of horses for courses depending on the opposition, injuries, form and our run of games.

We finally have our 22 again

Hart (H) Pantimillion
Richards (H) Zabaleta
Clichy (H) Kolarov
Kompany Toure
Lescott (H) Savic (Possible World Class Center half?)
Barry (H) De Jong
Milner (H) YaYa
Johnson (H) Pizzaro (Possible World Class winger - Lavezzi?)
Silva Nasri
Balotelli Dzeko
Aguero Tevez (Possible World Class Center Forward?)

Emergency Extras
Hargreaves (H)

Loans to return

Roque Santa Cruz
Tchuimeni-Nimely
Adebayor
Guidetti
Weiss
Razak
Johnson
Ibrahim
Boyata
Bridge
Cunningham

It is going to be interesting to see if we can move these players out or how many have a more permanent role to play in our future!

Understanding between the players is going to be a key area for our improvement, the better understanding the players have the easier it will be to create chances and play even more fluently

I find it difficult to see areas to improve our squad in the summer without buying top class players.

Most will say the most obvious area of weakness will be Centre half if Kompany or Lescott are out and this has been exposed previously when Kompany was wrongly banned. Savic shows potential but a loan move may be beneficial for his long term career.

I think the right wing area has potential for improvement, Lavezzi would be fantastic ripping down that side but could halt the development of Johnson?

The other area for improvement could be seen as World Class Center Forward if Tevez is to leave but some of our players may not get enough game time currently, do we stick with what we have and get Guidetti back into the frame or look at Cavani, perhaps Lavezzi is the man that has the flexibility to play multiple positions; we know Mancini likes that!

Kolarov gets a bit of stick on here but for me is a solid player who provides good competition and a littel something different to Clichy!

Richards is a beast and could has the potential to be best Right back on this planet and is English, so not really an area that needs strengthened when you have Argentina captain (Zabs) to take turns in this slot

Our midfield looks stong and only a true top class centre mid would make much of an improvemnt on what we have there!

Barry, De Jong, Milner and YaYa are all top players; my only concern is on De Jong and the way he tackles; we have been targeted by referees this season and his style of play is open to be exploited by referess and cheating opponents!

Creatively we have 2 of the best players in the league in Nasri and Silva, we really are blessed, ah well happy days!

World class centre half, top class left back and top central midfielder =

Champions League winning team

keep what we have for next season, but get rid of players like savic, tevez and replace them with

Lavezzi
Guidetti
world class centre back ?

Id consider selling dzeko aswell

The only guy I'm certain we should let go is DeJong. I think DeJong is too specialized to keep. Zabba and others can offer similar when needed. I'd free a space up in the squad by letting him go in the summer.

I like him and wish him well but we need a player in the middle show can do it all.

Break the bank for Ronaldo and Messi, 200 million is probably enough.

Lavezzi would be an excellent purchase too

TonyM said:
The only guy I'm certain we should let go is DeJong. I think DeJong is too specialized to keep. Zabba and others can offer similar when needed. I'd free a space up in the squad by letting him go in the summer.

I like him and wish him well but we need a player in the middle show can do it all.

I know it's tough but I think this might have to happen, maybe Mancini can coach De Jong not to dive into tackles

So for everyone is thinking Centre Half but how many would actually improve the Lescott & Kompany partnership

Didsbury Dave said:
World class centre half, top class left back and top central midfielder =

Champions League winning team

Yep. Agree with all that. Now...who are we having? I think Borussia Dortmund might have a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.