What annoys you about modern-day football?

Defenders stepping up to make the attacker offside, defenders are there to defend IMO. I was a keeper and would have slaughtered any defender of mine that did this. I would love to see a rule change whereby stepping up was a yellow for anyone who did it and was still not offside, I realise that this is probably impossible but wish it wasn't.

Gary Neville

Shielding the ball out of play, blatant obstruction and should be treated as such.

Gary Neville.

El Hadj Djouf, just in general, and specifically the tactic of barging the keeper at corners straight red for a professional foul should sort that one out.

Gary Neville.

Diving, it's just cheating stamp it out.

Gary Neville

Players getting free kicks given against them for shoulder charges (unless I missed a rule change through being unaviodably drunk ;-) ).

Gary Neville.

The English press trying to lose us every world cup or European championship by publishing some new expose just before the tournament.

Gary Neville

Alcoholic Scottish bullying cheats getting a knighthood just for doing a job he is handsomely remunerated for.

Gary Neville.

The press having witch hunts against some players (NDJ) but ignoring actual fouls (Huddlestone).

Gary Neville.

Commentators who appear to have no knowledge of the rules of the game, especially those who played it.

Rat boy.

Sepp Twatter

Neviile Neville's son.

Harry Redknapp.

Phil Neville's brother.

Look at me referee's.

The sock sucker.

Mark Twatenberg.

The Rag fullback who can't grow a proper 'tache.

Peter Walton.

Did I mention that I don't like Gary Neville very much?

There that feels better.

Inconsistency in refereeing/FA post match disciplinaries

The fact its practically becoming a non contact sport

Pampered primadonnas for players

Papa Smurf said:
Rahart said:
Who exactly doesn't want it?
Because last time I checked there was a pretty large want for it all over the footballing world.

The GAA have been discussing whether they will bring in video technology, the GAA are one of the most stuborn, old school group of suits you could come across, if the GAA bring it in before football..so help us.

Where did you check? Only people I read crying for it are Brits and Irish, certainly hasn't been asked for by South America(Im making this stat up) not sure how the rest of the world thinks about it though, probably split up.

Anyhows what bothers me is the moaning post world cup, not the technology itself. you couldnt care less when it happened to your neighbours (ireland Vs. Henry or countless other cases) now all of a sudden its whinge whinge whinge... grinds my nuts

First of all I am Irish, secondly, game in game out all over the world (football wise) we see mistakes made by referee's mistakes made that can and would have been easily avoided if there was vid technology. If there are people out there who are happy about it well I haven't come across them. There are people who say that they're old school..don't want to see a change..etc but then they complain when a decision goes against them. It's been that way for a long time, and it was only long before Henry, long before the England excuse for a performance in the WC.
It works in rugby, it works in tennis, it could work in football, it will stamp out ridiculous decisions.
The game needs to move on.

Goalkeepers walking to the other side of the area to take a goalkick.

It serves no purpose whatsoever other than to waste some time, and it does my head in.

Ball goes out on the left, ball is retrieved, then they slowly walk to the right with the ball at their feet.

Why?

It doesn't bloody matter, so why bother?

the shift at a freekick, just allows defenders to close you down when you could hit it with them 10 yards away

fat boy blue said:
stupid kick off times 3.00pm saturday, 7.45 tuesday or wednesday . no to mondays thursdays & sundays

have we ever played on a friday (apart good friday & around xmas)

We've even played on Good Friday, against Liverpool when Gaudino scored a brilliant diving header

Annoying for me is the amount of time wasting that can go, goalkeepers seem to be the worst but the amount of time that the ball is in play is getting less and less it seems.

All-seater stadiums.

The ridiculously high price of tickets.

The 'corporates' getting all the best seats when at least 60-70% of them don't even give a shit about the team or the game.

Ludicrous wages for ordinary players.

Stupid kick-off times.

Sky having way too much clout.

FA and UEFA being corrupt organisations run by fat, greedy wankers.

The rules of competitions being bent to give existing 'big' clubs an even greater advantage than they have naturally.

The greed and selfishness of the big clubs.

Plastic fans.

Not being able to turn up at 2-55 and pay cash on the gate.

The growing certainty that the whole sport is as bent as a nine bob note.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.