What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Sounds like you have a story to tell, eamo....;)
Weeeelllll!!!!

Not really.
I’ve been in his presence three times, but only spoke to him once.

Way way back in the early 80’s I was at a moving Hearts gig - Christy Moore and the gang, in an old venue that’s not there anymore, in Dublin.
Think it was the TV Club.
Anyway I took a break from being in a squash right at the front of the stage and went out the back and upstairs where there was a balcony all around the room.

It was nice and airy and I was stood at the back on my own, watching the gig, when I kind of felt a presence drift up beside me.
I looked and saw it was Phil and he turned and spoke to me.
Phil spoke to me.
Phil Lynott spoke to little old me.

Do you know what he said……..

Get out of the way, I’m bursting for a piss.

No he didn’t. I made that up.
I just said how’s it going and he nodded. I just said, they’re good aren’t they.
He nodded in agreement and I was just about to get a pearl of wisdom from him, when two other planks came up and said something along the lines of, hey you Phil Lynnott, from Lizzy, blah blah blah.
He didn’t say much in acknowledgment but they were starstruck, all over him.

I left them to it and wandered back downstairs.

The other two times was in the middle of the summer out at Sutton where he lived. He was a neighbour of a friend of a friend’s workmates parents.
They held a BBQ in the back garden of their beach side house each year.
We used to get an invite through our mate in the waterpolo club I was in.

Anyway Phil used to pop in every year, but you’d never get anyway near him.
There was always a possee of young women around him, vying for his attention.

Again. We just left him to it.

So there. No real claim to fame for me, but he was one cool dude to be in the presence of.

Last edited:
Weeeelllll!!!!

Not really.

Way way back in the early 80’s I was at a moving Hearts gig - Christy Moore and the gang, in an old venue that’s not there anymore, in Dublin.
Anyway I took a break from being in a squash right at the front of the stage and went out the back and upstairs where there was a balcony all around the room.

It was nice and airy and I was stood at the back on my own, watching the gig, when I kind of felt a presence drift up beside me.
Phil spoke to me.

I just said how’s it going and he nodded. I just said, they’re good aren’t they.
He nodded in agreement and I was just about to get a pearl of wisdom from him, when to other planks came up and said something along the lines of, hey you Phil Lynnott, from Lizzy, blah blah blah.

The other two times was in the middle of the summer out at Sutton where he lived. He was a neighbour of a friend of a friend’s workmates parents.

So there. No real claim to fame for me, but he was one cool dude to be in the presence of.
Certainly tales to tell. Thanks for sharing!

Weeeelllll!!!!

Not really.

Phil spoke to me.

He nodded in agreement and I was just about to get a pearl of wisdom from him, when to other planks came up and said something along the lines of, hey you Phil Lynnott, from Lizzy, blah blah blah.

An absolute legend and so badly missed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.