What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

I've spoken to a few Japan fans over the years who actively ignore their early days ,dismiss it as rubbish...

I can't agree . The 1st 2 albums are full of Rock reggae glam rock influenced experimental tracks in which they really sound as they are enjoying themselves with little eye on commercial revenue.

Have a listen to Deviation , a single only released in Holland and a mega rare import nowadays. The band could play and I think we're more popular in Europe, judging by all the imports in different pic sleeves which were available at record fairs back in the day They also were mega popular in Japan ( obviously..) and their live shows over there were received with vintage Beatles like proportions. All man8c screaming girls ....while still only nudging the UK market over here.

One of their most famous bootlegs at the time is Live in Budokan , 8 track record with stunning picture sleeve ,cost me £40 early 80s crap quality but collectors item all the same .

Very interesting era before they changed completely.
Incidentally, the band I think were influenced heavily by New York dolls iirc and lead singer David Sylviian got his stage name direct from the lead singer....
Cheers, very interesting. As a kid I cut my teeth on the new wave stuff but was more into Ultravox, Human League, Visage etc. Liked some of Japan's stuff but was never into them enough to look into their back catalogue...and they're definitely one of those bands I appreciate more now than back then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.