What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

Released in 1979....I didn't hear this track until 1983 ish
It turned my brain...it was Futurist. I loved it
Knew nothing about the band, I just knew that beat was sensational
Incredible music,back in the day.

The Style Council. One of the best bands ever , imo
Manchester City were not very good, I took stick every single day 83/84
Style Council helped soothe the Hurt.

This track takes me baaach
I was a young record collector, in Nottingham, came across a 2nd hand 12 " version of Showroom Dummies...in a record shop on Mansfield road I forget the name, it was a cool laid back sort of shop,completely different to the rampant machine that was 'Selecadisc',which had 3 shops in the city centre..

I walked in and spotted this grey coloured 12 " sleeve with Kraftwerk on it,....I couldn't believe it.Showroom dummies had already been in the UK charts as a follow up single to The Model..

I realised this dull grey pic sleeve was in fact the original UK 12' release. I brought it( think the record shop was called " Good vibrations ")

And on the b side was Europe Endless...a beautiful melodic electronic track. What a find that was.

This rare copy of Showroom Dummies had additional lyrics., not on the UK 're release, which I already had.i was buzzing
Probably my most inspired record purchase ever.
Think it was released on Capitol records,whilst the glossy 're release was on EMI....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.