What are you listening to.................RIGHT NOW!!!

A bit of early Verve when they were a psych band, before they put the “The” at the start of their name, before they were well known, Ashcroft was heavy into heroin at the time (I think he was throughout the 90s to be fair, that’s why his head’s gone these days!)… the band were all under 21 years old n’all!

Great pick that. Saw them quite a few times in that era and they always blew me away. McCabe is a mighty guitarist. Remember a gig in small room at the Uni on Oxford Road when Ashcroft thought he could fly. Unfortunately the ceiling was that low he almost banged his head every time he jumped up. A Northern Soul is a great record imo but they do get some shit nowadays

Great pick that. Saw them quite a few times in that era and they always blew me away. McCabe is a mighty guitarist. Remember a gig in small room at the Uni on Oxford Road when Ashcroft thought he could fly. Unfortunately the ceiling was that low he almost banged his head every time he jumped up. A Northern Soul is a great record imo but they do get some shit nowadays
They did in those days too tbf, he used to walk around stage with no shoes on and was referred to in the music press as Mad Richard.

Quality early singles and A Storm in Heaven is a class album too.

I could really do with a weeks course of amoxycillin but come the Monday there'll be more chance of platting piss. Upside down crucifixes and cloves of garlic shall abound.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.