What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Just finished Reconstruction by Mick Herron. Really enjoyed it, as I do most of his novels. His Jackson Lamb novels are terrific, as are his Zoe Boehm private decetive series.

Most of his books can be a tad slow to start but build up beautifully.

Anatomy of Fascism - Robert Paxton..... This book is more relevant today than any time since the 1930's. It deserves a wide audience.

Carl Sagan, The Demon Haunted World

Brilliant examination of people's seemingly unending quest to believe any old made up shite.

UFO, astrology, abducting alien survivors, the religious and other easily conned people shoukd give it a read too. It might help them reconnect with reality.

A fabulous read from a hero of rational responses to difficult questions. Logic

UFO, astrology, abducting alien survivors, the religious and other easily conned people shoukd give it a read too. It might help them reconnect with reality.

Astrology (yes, i know, not confusing it with 'astronomy') has a scientific basis, at least Vedic astrology does

Brilliant examination of people's seemingly unending quest to believe any old made up shite.
I just read Bluemoon for that.

Just read Michael Calvin's 'Living On The Volcano' which is about football management and managers' strategies for coping with the job. It's a mixed bag to be honest. Some of it is very interesting, particularly Martin Ling and his spiral into depression. Some managers come over really well (Eddie Howe being one & Garry Monk another) but others come over as utter cocks (Brendan Rodgers, to no one's great surprise I'm sure). It's not really structured as well as it could be so one moment he'll be talking about X, who says Y was a great influence and all of a sudden he's talking about Y in detail, then back to X, which sometimes gets a bit confusing.

Astrology (yes, i know, not confusing it with 'astronomy') has a scientific basis, at least Vedic astrology does

No it doesn't. It has a pseudo science vent but it's utter bollocks. You cannot fiddle around with a lump of shite and start talking woo woo and expect it to turn into something else.

Astrologers for centuries actually thought that Mars in retrograde actually meant Mars went backwards. It wasn't until science showed it did no such thing, the apologists for this utter guff started giving it a spiritual significance rather than actual fact Mars goes backwards bollocks.

It's all bollocks no matter how mystical the east may seem to you.

Read Sagan instead of the woo woo wankers making shit up for money from magic bean buyers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.