What car did you have

warpig said:
Jonah said:
Gordini Turbo, nice, may I ask how many Turbo's you went through?

my dads mate had one of these and hes always banging on about how fast it was, taking motorbikes off from a standing start, etc. he floored it a bit too much one day by all accounts and had to take what was left of his engine home in a shoe box.

yup...also you couldnt stop the little fuckers once you set off...the brakes were like a raleigh grifter

shadygiz said:
2 on that car.....then i got a mk2 with the old air cooled turbo set up......i ended up getting a team renault mechanic from failsworth to do me a water cooled retro fit in the end.....also, remember the anti-perculation kits they did as an after market fit...it was basically a small pocket sized fan that bolted onto the carb to stop the petrol evaporating before it got into the injectors

My mate had a Mk2 with a turbo technics on it, got rid after smoking the turbo and clutch time after time. Fast though.

avenger.gif

That's not a cutaway view, it actually looked that shite!

GAZZA said:
avenger.gif

lol...my dad used to have an hillman imp sprint...fast tbh...but the back window used to open out onto the boot...no good if you have 2 inquisitive kids in the back before the days of seatbelts ;p

shadygiz said:
GAZZA said:
avenger.gif

lol...my dad used to have an hillman imp sprint...fast tbh...but the back window used to open out onto the boot...no good if you have 2 inquisitive kids in the back before the days of seatbelts ;p
Fuck me!! That's where the little bastards went, cheers for that.

A little min-min.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/one42chrisp/1420255573/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/one42chrisp/1420255573/</a>

Drove the poor little thing into the ground.

A couple of weeks ago there was a Mini day at Castle Combe circuit - it was fantastic seeing all the minis out on the road again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.