What car for approx 3k

Always worth investing a few pennies in an OBD reader. Franchised dealerships may not always be strictly honest, and the Check Engine Light can be on for anything from catastrophic failure to a clogged sensor.

Mines on at the moment I ignored the one on my previous car was probably a sensor, I should get it checked out really.

Mines on at the moment I ignored the one on my previous car was probably a sensor, I should get it checked out really.

You can either get it via a phone app, or something like this:

Then you'll know if it's minor, major or can be simply reset. Easy peasy, everyone should have one.

Haha absolutely, all too complex for my liking, give me a rotor arm and a distributor any day !

Not a huge problem, unless you go to the dealer with £500 and a large jar of lube! Most just need cleaning, 15 minutes with some carb cleaner and a toothbrush (tip; use the wifes) will sort it. Alternatively you can just blank them off altogether.

Haha that's the maddest thing I have ever heard, 800 miles in 6 years for a diesel. It probably cost more in soapy water than fuel. Good work fella

True story hilts. If I ever see it again I think I'll buy it back!

You can either get it via a phone app, or something like this:

Then you'll know if it's minor, major or can be simply reset. Easy peasy, everyone should have one.

Just bought one from amazon hope my car doesn't blow up before Thursday

Dash light on solution post it sticker

Noise from under the bonnet turn radio up, still audible buy louder stereo.
It's when it goes into limp mode and you are in the outside lane of the motorway. That's always fun.

I remember reading about an Austin Maestro sold at auction recently with something absurd like 40 miles on the clock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.