What Crucial city goals/games have you missed and why?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
kp789 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I cannot even begin to imagine how left out you must feel.
For the whole of preseason and even now, It feels so weird. Wish so badly that I could have seen it. If we beat Madrid on wednesday I will just go insane.
Fair play mate. Hopefully do it again this season and you can have your own little mental moment!!
I saw the Zaba goal at least....I always wonder though, if I had infact not gone into work and had watched it, would it all have unfolded as it did?? The butterfly effect and all that. Maybe just getting a bit philosophical but maybe its just how it was meant to be.

I missed the last SIX games of last season! I was in hospital having a brain tumour removed. Saw the Wolves game on my nephew's i pad thingy (sky go) along with 2 other Blues on my ward.It was like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! My Brother in Law got us both tickets for the QPR game(Blue Memberships),but I wasn't well enough to go. Watched it on the tele (does that make me a ****?) and despite strict medical instructions to not get excited,I went mental when Sergio scored.Greatest day of my life.......bar none.

Next time I WILL be there :-)

I missed the 99 Wembley play-off final for two reasons.

1. I knew we'd win.

2. I couldn't be bothered going all that way for a div 3 match.

I queued for my ticket and gave it to a City fan who lives down south.

I missed wembley 99 as I had booked to go on a school football trip to Amsterdam and was setting off later on that day so had to watch it at home.

Went to Newcastle away last year and went for a piss and missed yaya's first goal

Missed Dennis Tueart's overhead kick at the '76 League cup final. Was still queuing at the bar when we heard a tremendous roar and scores of Blues come running down the stairwell going mental , saying what a fantastic goal it was. The worst thing about it was the game wasn't shown on TV till the next day.

kippax81 said:
I missed the last SIX games of last season! I was in hospital having a brain tumour removed. Saw the Wolves game on my nephew's i pad thingy (sky go) along with 2 other Blues on my ward.It was like a scene from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! My Brother in Law got us both tickets for the QPR game(Blue Memberships),but I wasn't well enough to go. Watched it on the tele (does that make me a ****?) and despite strict medical instructions to not get excited,I went mental when Sergio scored.Greatest day of my life.......bar none.

Next time I WILL be there :-)

Well...if ever there was a good reason for missing a game then I think we've found it!

Hope you're well.

Only game I regret missing is Bradford away in 89 to win promotion.

Missed Horlocks goal at wembley as was having a piss before leaving.

Missed our first ever goal at etihad at left early.<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:02 pm --<br /><br />
marcus said:
crystal_mais said:
QPR - League winning game - had to be at my wifes cousins wedding. Listened to the 2nd half in my car

Honestly mate, i wouldnt have been at that wedding. Closer family maybe, but wifes cousin?

Neither would I. My own daughters wedding maybe but no one else's!

The 2000 Maine Rd derby, the first after our climb back up the divisions. The one where Beckham had a coin thrown at him when taking corner.

I'd been drowning my sorrows in Fallowfield after the previous game (another home defeat) and either lost or had my season ticket book pocketed in the Friendship. Being a thick fuck I didn't realise this until the morning of the derby and learned the hard way that tickets won't be replaced on the day of a game.

I asked my mate later if anyone had been in my seat and he said yes. Then I asked him did he challenge him or ask to see his ticket and he said no. To this day I don't know whether the guy was innocent, a chancer who'd found the ticket or a thieving ****. I hung around near my seat at the next home game but he didn't show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.