What do we need?

I know I know shouldn't watch Youtube but this lad seems to fit the bill IMO.

10 Éver Banega
Valencia CF, Primera División (Spain)
National player: Argentina
The profile for Éver Banega

© unbekannt Name in native country: Éver Maximiliano David Banega
Date of birth: 29.06.1988
Place of birth: Rosario
Height: 1,73
Nationality: Argentina
Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Foot: right
Market value: 11.500.000 £
13.000.000 €
Player's agent: Marcelo Simonian

Position

Main position: Central Midfield
Secondary position: Defensive Midfield
Market value
More info about Éver Banega
Contract until: 30.06.2015

Last international game: 12.10.2011 for Argentina under Alejandro Javier Sabella against Venezuela

* under construction
Malleolar fracture
until approx.: Beginning of July 2012

Blue Haze said:
I don't want a whole boatload of new players, just players who will fix our inadequacies.

We won the league sure, but Bayern flattened us at their place and we struggled in Naples too.

1. A deep lying playmaker. Most of the European powers have one. Other teams can overrun us with no fear of a clever deep pass.
Yaya?
Nasri?
Silva/Milner?

as said, just 2 or 3 players and a clear out of deadwood. I expect most Hughes players out of this years first 18 to leave, even for free, all they are good for is saturating the wage bill. It's harder than it sounds cause no fucker wants them, and I don't blame them for the packets they pick up each week (ie Bridge, RSQ etc). only player I can think of that could command a fee is Adebayor, so if no suitable offers came in it could be worth sending him out on loan again. I'm sure the academy lads are ahead of the rest in the pecking order, in any case.

Players In would and should be just be 2 or 3 extra, and replacements for any current first 18 player that could leave.

Since your thread title says "what do we need" not who do we need, I'll leave the scouting to bobby and his boys.

CB cover. A winger is a must, AJ just doesn't cut it at the top level, and perhaps someone that can give us an extra dimension in the champions league.

I expect they'll have a few targets to look at in the euro's, as well as the rest of the world.

What is for sure, we will only spend big on the right players. of course there wont be much activity in terms of players in, I just trust that the players we ultimately put offers in for will be the right players, for the right price.

I read on ssn today that Cavani is too costly for example, we will not be paying overinflated like we have in the past because we don't need to.

Also, the side we have this year will only get better next year, really want to keep hold of Dzeko and bring in a winger that can supply his style, and match the two together (similar to playing AK and edin in the same team, just better).

Bring on 2012/2013.

A Center Back definitely. We have 2 good enough for this level. And only one great one.

A Center Midfielder possibly (The 2 oldies we signed are leaving) Perhaps one with great deeplying passing skills.

A winger (plausibly). If we can find one with great speed and defender attacking skills and consistent crosses.

Bale ( Ade, aj and £10m)
Thiago silva ( Carlos and £10m)
Martinez (£25m?)

Job done for me! £45m spent and wages saved!

Kurple said:
Blue Haze said:
I don't want a whole boatload of new players, just players who will fix our inadequacies.

We won the league sure, but Bayern flattened us at their place and we struggled in Naples too.

1. A deep lying playmaker. Most of the European powers have one. Other teams can overrun us with no fear of a clever deep pass.
Yaya?
Nasri?
Silva/Milner?
Nasri and silva are not deep lying midfielders, yaya can play there but we need cover as we saw what happened when he went away to africa. Milner im not sure hes never been give the chance to play a central role. We do need a midfielder though with a great range of passing.

richards30 said:
Bale ( Ade, aj and £10m)
Thiago silva ( Carlos and £10m)
Martinez (£25m?)

Job done for me! £45m spent and wages saved!

Sounds good although i would rather add an extra 10m and get sahin for 35m instead of Javi Martinez . Sahin's passes are out of these world and he would be great for those deep counter situations where we can initiate a counter attack with a long pass right from the DMF.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Kurple said:
Blue Haze said:

Yaya?
Nasri?
Silva/Milner?
Nasri and silva are not deep lying midfielders, yaya can play there but we need cover as we saw what happened when he went away to africa. Milner im not sure hes never been give the chance to play a central role. We do need a midfielder though with a great range of passing.
I think we are certain Milner is not a deeplying playmaker.

For me we only need two players:

A left winger: Bale is the obvious choice

A centre back: Vermaelen would be my choice as Vinnie plays with him for Belgium too (sorry Arsenal!) Failing that Bonucci or Chiellni from Juventus.

We get the money for these two by selling these nine (easier said than done!)

Boyata
Cunningham
Bridge
Weiss
M.Johnson
Ibrahim
Adebayor
Nimely
Cruz

Cobwebcat said:
For me we only need two players:

A left winger: Bale is the obvious choice

A centre back: Vermaelen would be my choice as Vinnie plays with him for Belgium too (sorry Arsenal!) Failing that Bonucci or Chiellni from Juventus.

We get the money for these two by selling these nine (easier said than done!)

Boyata
Cunningham
Bridge
Weiss
M.Johnson
Ibrahim
Adebayor
Nimely
Cruz

Bale - Yes
Chellini - Yes
Bonucci- Hell No
Vermelen- Hell No
Thiago Silva - Yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.