What do you like the most?

I love it that we don't give the opposition a second on the ball especially in their own half. In the first 20 minutes today we must have intercepted or delflected at least 10 attempted passes in their half and that has never happened under the previous regimes. We have always been a team with goals in us (at least in the last 5 years) but we haven't been a team that works it's bollocks off to win the ball back and I love that.

I love that our players know what their role is, where they should be, what they should be doing.
I got the impression over the last couple of seasons that the team talk was "go out and play football"

Our work off the ball. Too many times last season we just sat back and invited teams to have a shot on goal. Now we close down and win the ball back as fast as possible.

I just love the fact that we now have a plan and orgaisation.

The pressing and organisation.

But yeah, I really like the fact that we go for the kill for two reasons. Firstly, it means we can easily rest important players (let's face it, our style of play is physically demanding). It also means you get to bring young players into the team in a low-pressure situation. Would Garcia have played 20 minutes in a game where we were hanging on for a 2-1 win? Probably not.

Seeing Kolarov get some credit for once.

Kolarov is getting credit because he's playing brilliantly and deserves it.

Last year he was getting shit because he was playing shit, always getting caught out 80 yards up the pitch and exposing the defence. The number of goals we must have conceded from teams playing the ball into space where Kolarov should have been must have been huge. He deserved the shit he got.

Now, he's playing brilliantly, and he's deserving the credit he's getting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.