What do you like the most?

Has to be the pressing/work-rate/organisation. We've always had goals in our side but the organisation and attitude has never been quite right.

I had in my head before the start of the season to make a thread after 5 games, to see if City were meeting our expectations under Pep. What a pointless thread that would be!

Has to be the pressing/work-rate/organisation. We've always had goals in our side but the organisation and attitude has never been quite right.

I had in my head before the start of the season to make a thread after 5 games, to see if City were meeting our expectations under Pep. What a pointless thread that would be!
+1

Knowing that this is just the start

This all day long!

We will just get better and better. Gundogan, Sane, Jesus in January. Every training session will make us better. Not to think about the next transfer window when there is only one club in England the very best players will want to join.

That the team spirit is back and we have a man in charge who is just brilliant at what he does.

When kolorov had that shot today from about 40 yards and it flew over, I thought "he isn't going to like that" within a minute he was calling him over! That's what I want to see.

It's very refreshing. The goals were brilliant today. Superb stuff.

Every post has had valid comments. Not necessarily #1 for me but I'll just add to it by saying the way our new signings have fit in perfectly.

Love the way we carry on playing attacking football even when we have a game won i really think somebody is going get a hammering from us this season!

The fact that all the new players have fitted in seamlessly is pretty impressive. Compare what's happening at the swamp.

I like that there's a good reason for everything that we do on the pitch now (and off, of course, but the "on" is what we see). Pep doesn't have the team playing 'off the shelf' tactics, everything we do is tailor-made. That means we keep possession one match and play long diagonal balls in another; we take quick, short free-kicks sometimes, and swing balls into the box at other times; we play with inverted full-backs, or we play them out wide; we hit free-kicks over the wall, or sometimes under the wall :)

Instead of seeing a successful team and just blindly copying their general play without really knowing why, except that all together it seemed to work, Pep figures it all out for himself and could explain in detail the thinking behind every move. We'll have frustrating games this season that we'll draw and lose, but it won't be through cluelessness or apathy (no previous manager in mind...). When we lose, I feel confident that we'll go down trying everything in our power to win. Those kind of defeats are a lot easier to take.

I also like what Kolarov's been up to lately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.