What does it really mean ...lost our soul ?

oakiecokie

I have yet to read anyone fully explaining the true meaning of this sad quote "we have lost the soul of our Club" What the fuck does it really mean ??
Fuck all as far as I`m concerned !!
They are still MY Club.
They are being run by top professional people who I trust emphatically.
The infrastructure is at its all time best.
We are now winning trophies.
We have a bit of cash for a change.
We can attract some of the worlds finest sportsmen.
We are now known globally.
We have the best fans,even though we argue,but its done in a manner which see`s us all wanting the same thing,success at our Club.
We have the greatest Owner anyone could ever have.
So bollocks to all those shit-houses who claim our Club "has lost its soul" True supporters carry on supporting THEIR team through all the highs and lows and desperate situations.
If we have lost our soul,then we have lost your support and quite frankly,just fuck off,as I can`t be bothered with you.
Amen.

(Apologies to anyone who has read this on another thread,but the more I think about it,the more I get tit`sts of with it.)

The only people that saw it are the ones who clutch at straws and also come out with

"Your just his play thing"
"What happens when he leaves"

Joey Barton slagged us off and said it wasn't the same club the cheeky scouse scummy rat. No Joey same fans much better club though.

I have to agree with you here mate! It seems in this day and age everything has to have a reason and everything has to have a price.So we get some investment and better players,win a couple of trophies,we have ''Lost our soul and true meaning'' as a club.Absolute bollocks!

The aim of EVERY football club is to be succesfull and win things,just like any business too.People compete to win,not lose.We had some laughs in the old days when we were shit,but to be honest we HAD to have a laugh because things were so dire on and off the field.Humour was all we had.

The atmosphere,the soul of the club is the fans and on the whole a good hard core are still the fans who were there in division 2.It is up to US to carry it on,keep singing and having the banter.

Would i swap being in a top class stadium,watching the likes of Aguero and Silva for standing on a freezing terrace at Walsall watching sub standard footballers?Would i fuck!

You can pretty much translate it as "waaaah, waaaaah, why have you got money and we haven't?"

Supporters have always been the soul of football clubs and always will be.

Anyone who thnks we've lost our soul doesn't really understand football and football clubs.

It's one of those moronic comments made by people who would rather see MCFC minus the improvements over the last two or three seasons.

It was, no doubt, thrown at CFC and Blackburn when they became champions but probably not at MANUre or The Dippers!!

We haven't lost our soul at all, it's just a generic remark attached to any newly rich club, just like all of us who were "passionate long suffering fans" are suddenly "plastic fans" in the eyes of the legions of glory hunters who support certain clubs.

The only thing we do threaten to lose is our passion, the level of passion shown from fans at the game seems to be deteriorating by the month now.

Well said mate, we all know different to people that say that. We all love this club, highs and lows, from 'Typical City' to 'Champions'!

LoveCity said:
We haven't lost our soul at all, it's just a generic remark attached to any newly rich club, just like all of us who were "passionate long suffering fans" are suddenly "plastic fans" in the eyes of the legions of glory hunters who support certain clubs.

The only thing we do threaten to lose is our passion, the level of passion shown from fans at the game seems to be deteriorating by the month now.

But do you consider that as a reduction in atmosphere at home games ? Years ago I travelled all over the place to watch us,so is the atmosphere the same at away games do you feel,or better.Must admit that I loved away games back in the 60/70`s,but now I dont go due to my disability.
Personally I think we show far too much football on the box and thats a contributory factor,but without that,no additional monies flowing through the system.
Perhaps its our age mate ?? Old bastards !! ;)

Success will always breed "fans" who have only followed since you start winning. It's the way things work. Agree though, it is so frustrating when you get called a "plastic" or "glory hunter" and you can remember getting beat at Maine Road by some non-descript team in the third division.
It has also took me a couple of seasons to get used to people turning up at matches who are only there for a day out and would much rather take pics of each other than watch the game. I can see now though that these people will bring in extra revenue for the club and enable us to keep moving forward. Look at say Barcelona or Real Madrid. I know quite a few people who have gone on holiday to Spain and went to see one of them play, "because the wanted the experience" of doing so. If I went to Spain (without the missus!) I would probably go as well given the chance. That will start happening to us the more and more successful we are.
All I can say is I know I was there and will never forget where we came from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.