What does it really mean ...lost our soul ?

It means nothing !!!

simply used by the dumb fools and someone stated in another post "why city and not us"

some act like clubs are their own they decide what should be done!

A couple of seasons ago I was at the cricket clubs first indoor net of "pre-season" wearing the new etihad track top, a cub that had joined us the end of the previous season said with a sneer "how long have you been a City fan?" before I could reply, about four or five of the lads walked off, longer than you have been alive son, carried out the loosening up exercises and took of the trackie, had on the Kappa Brother white with Maroon and navy shoulders top, when did City wear that asked the kid...... He never questioned my City allegiance again (though to be fair to him, he has stuck with dirty leeds due to his uncle living there, and goes to watch them a number of times a season).
When I walk into the Townley, I will not see the same faces that I drank with in the Beehive, but I will meet the same Blues that I have drank with in there for a number of years, and I will still see the same people that I used to see in the Beehive at the ground, inside the ground or sometimes when walking about a square many miles from home (like Rossio Square, where i met quite a few old mates that I hadnt seen for a while, and to sit in the sunshine, chatting about old mates and times gone by), yeah we have lost our SOUL.
I DONT THINK.

We haven't lost our soul.

Not that we need to prove anything to any Football supporter anywhere after all we have gone through but we will do it anyway because that is who we are.

We will prove it the next time we hit adversity. Sooner or later at the level we are now at we are going to suffer and suffer badly.

It will be a different kind of suffering but it will be just as bad as David Pleat bouncing on the Maine Road Pitch or Steven Lomas holding the Ball at the corner Flag or that awful day at Stoke.

One day in the not so distant future, we will lose to United in the FA Cup Final or the Champions League Semi Finals and apart from a bit of cat calling on here and on Talksport we will lift our heads up, bounce back and go on.

Thats because we are City, we are City from Maine Road.

oakiecokie said:
I have yet to read anyone fully explaining the true meaning of this sad quote "we have lost the soul of our Club" What the fuck does it really mean ??
Fuck all as far as I`m concerned !!
They are still MY Club.
They are being run by top professional people who I trust emphatically.
The infrastructure is at its all time best.
We are now winning trophies.
We have a bit of cash for a change.
We can attract some of the worlds finest sportsmen.
We are now known globally.
We have the best fans,even though we argue,but its done in a manner which see`s us all wanting the same thing,success at our Club.
We have the greatest Owner anyone could ever have.
So bollocks to all those shit-houses who claim our Club "has lost its soul" True supporters carry on supporting THEIR team through all the highs and lows and desperate situations.
If we have lost our soul,then we have lost your support and quite frankly,just fuck off,as I can`t be bothered with you.
Amen.

(Apologies to anyone who has read this on another thread,but the more I think about it,the more I get tit`sts of with it.)

Soul is something that you lose when you get better.. soul is another word for shiteness.

It's last ditch desperate stuff. The fact that it normally comes from clubs we're beating to trophies should tell you that. Boils down to pure jealousy and nowt else. Don't get me wrong, clubs probably can, in some instances, feel like they lose a bit of their soul when taken over. In fact, i was reading an article by a Watford fan earlier today that suggested exactly that, but not here. No way. I know an Arsenal fan who regularly suggests that our success is "hollow". Whenever he's had a couple of pints he freely admits that he's just jealous, and frustrated that his own side aren't doing the business.

Look, success does change people, we can't doubt that, but the aim of sport is to progress, and ideally to be the best. I'm sure we all miss Maine Road, and the old days, but i tell you what, i certainly don't miss getting dicked at home by pub teams, or the sympathetic pats on the head from fans of other clubs, or us living in the shadow of them lot, or us generally being a bit of a joke.

Two things make a football club - its supporters and its history, we have both in abundance. Those two things will always be a constant here. Managers, players, even owners and grounds come and go, but a club's past and its fans are its soul, and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't understand the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.