what happened to people

mancboy

Sorry to have a rant but my elderly parents were out at the shops today and some complete prick with short man syndrome starts screaming at them for being in the way and shouting at them and following them out the shop (sounded like a sted head by all accounts) which is bad enough but what im more disappointed in is that nobody in the shop nor in the 10k run going on outside found it in them to step up and ask what the fuck do you think you are doing screaming at 2 old people, if i was there id have had to step in if i saw it happening no matter who it was, what has happened to people that they have no sense of duty or just doing the right thing these days

Most people don't intervene in confrontations they aren't involved in. It's generally standard behaviour not to.And the more people around the less likely people are to intervene.

It's called bystander effect. The more people around the less responsibility people feel.

And it's generally not a good idea to escalate verbal nuisance into physical violence which would have been seen as likely with such a loose cannon.

Most people don't intervene in confrontations they aren't involved in. It's generally standard behaviour not to.And the more people around the less likely people are to intervene.

It's called bystander effect. The more people around the less responsibility people feel.

And it's generally not a good idea to escalate verbal nuisance into physical violence which would have been seen as likely with such a loose cannon.
would you not have felt compelled to if you saw a young person verbally attacking two elderly people, i would have had too, if it puts it on me so be it, id rather have it on me than on an elderly person

Interesting to think about as a wider point. I am a **** behind the wheel and often lose the rag at tiny things, I'm not a dangerous driver but I have no patience. A look in the mirror is needed, and I don't mean the rear view.

Closer to your point, if I see a stedhead screaming at an elderly couple I'm stepping in even if I get battered.

would you not have felt compelled to if you saw a young person verbally attacking two elderly people, i would have had too, if it puts it on me so be it, id rather have it on me than on an elderly person

I have intervened in fights and confrontations mate. Where I was smaller or outnumbered. In one incident I intervened to stop a smackhead getting a pasting, when he probably deserved it and was actually provoking violence.

But I know I'm not normal in that regard because I've taken unnecessary risks out of arrogance and my ego gets a kick from playing peacemaker.

I avoid doing this nowadays because it's not good to have that attitude. But I wasn't talking about what I would do, just what most people would do.

Squaring up to an angry bloke unless you know you can disarm and restrain him immediately isn't a good idea.

I have intervened in fights and confrontations mate. Where I was smaller or outnumbered. In incident I intervened to stop a smackhead getting a pasting, when he probably deserved it and was actually provoking violence.

But I know I'm not normal in that regard because I've taken unnecessary risks out of arrogance and my ego gets a kick from playing peacemaker.

I avoid doing this nowadays because it's not good to have that attitude. But I wasn't talking about what I would do, just what most people would do.

Squaring up to an angry bloke unless you know you can disarm and restrain him immediately isn't a good idea.
as a rule u r correct but i think if i saw someone bullying inherently defenceless people id feel the need to do something

Sorry to have a rant but my elderly parents were out at the shops today and some complete prick with short man syndrome starts screaming at them for being in the way and shouting at them and following them out the shop (sounded like a sted head by all accounts) which is bad enough but what im more disappointed in is that nobody in the shop nor in the 10k run going on outside found it in them to step up and ask what the fuck do you think you are doing screaming at 2 old people, if i was there id have had to step in if i saw it happening no matter who it was, what has happened to people that they have no sense of duty or just doing the right thing these days

Sadly mate it ends up 2 ways. The **** either pulls a knife or physically assaults you putting you in a bad way or even dead or you give him a fucking dig, you get arrested and life fucked because of it and the prick walks Scot free to carry on being a waste of oxygen.

What the fuck has happened to folk indeed?

Sadly mate it ends up 2 ways. The **** either pulls a knife or physically assaults you putting you in a bad way or even dead or you give him a fucking dig, you get arrested and life fucked because of it and the prick walks Scot free to carry on being a waste of oxygen.

What the fuck has happened to folk indeed?
yeah ur right its a shitty situation, but attacking old folk is just sad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.