What happened to Rodwell?

Blue Tooth said:
Was set to start but injured and replaced last min by Lescott...Was it in the warm up? I was late arriving tonight.
yes. I didn't see it either. Mentioned on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a> that he was injured in the warm up but doesn't say what the injury is. Could have been key as we were very weak in midfield.

I heard a whisper he'd dropped his wage packet on his foot!

cheers...no news on the injury yet according to Mancini...badly missed a prescence in the middle tonight...neither Razak or Suarez showed enought o convince me they will mkae it at the top level.

Blue Tooth said:
cheers...no news on the injury yet according to Mancini...badly missed a prescence in the middle tonight...neither Razak or Suarez showed enought o convince me they will mkae it at the top level.

I think he was going to play in the back 3 tonight
as the player that came in for him was lescott

Blue Tooth said:
I left the ground cursing Rodwell's injury too. Thought the central midfield 3 of Barry, Razak and Suarez was very very weak and put pressure on our defence through conceding possession in silly areas. I think Razak showed some good touches and could go on to be a good player for us. Suarez needs to be a lot more aggressive

What did people make of razak tonight? I thought a decent Performance but littered with so many basic errors it was ridiculous. Did plenty of nice stuff; good tackles, turns and passes but seemed to ruin it all too often but making careless mistakes or stupid stuff, like the maradona turn for their 2 goal.

I think there's something there in him but isn't reliable at the moment. He needs a loan in championship or prem at a push. I think its criminal that he's 19 and has never been given regular first team football

Hold on a minute chaps!

To say Rodwells injury left us weak in midfield is rubbish, as our midfield three of barry, razak and suarez were starting anyway.

Rodwell was in defence apparently.

As for criticism of the youngsters, i thought all three (incl Helan) did themselves and us proud today, suarez worked his nuts off, some nice touches and surprising went in for soe crunching 50/50s. Razak was the only play i saw putting real pressure on closing down, his problem was i think he got tired after 6 mins and started turning a yard slow.
Helan made some great surges and showed no fear.

Marvin said:
Blue Tooth said:
I left the ground cursing Rodwell's injury too. Thought the central midfield 3 of Barry, Razak and Suarez was very very weak and put pressure on our defence through conceding possession in silly areas. I think Razak showed some good touches and could go on to be a good player for us. Suarez needs to be a lot more aggressive

His performance last night reminded me lock, stock and barrel of Gelson. Caught with the ball on numerous occasions, control was very poor, and passing generally woeful. He made one good run late on but how Mancini kept him on until the end of the first half of extra time I don't know. It was clear half an hour in that the midfield wasn't gonna shift Messi, Iniesta and Xavi off their perch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.