What happened with Richards today ?

Dobsy87 said:
Thought it was more about giving Ned half a game to get match fitness, seeing as we were 4-0 up, than dropping Micah. Sure he wouldn't have resented his mate having 45 mins, and you could read it as resting Micah for the Blackburn game as Hughes considers him too important. In short, I don't think it's significant at all.
I agree with this idea. We have a game on Sunday, I was surprised that Hughes left Robinho on for the whole 90. Caicedo looked great today, and full of confidence. Ireland's best game for the Blues so far! Now lets see if we can start to build some consistency. That is what we are always missing.
On a side note, I recieved a orange (or should I say Tangerine) third kit with Robinho on the back for Christmas. Must be my lucky color ;)

GStar said:
Caicedo showed everything needed of him - Jo was given an oppourtunity.

Micah has been shakey recently - Ned was given his oppourtunity.

Ned took his oppourtunity well, was dissapointed with Jo, seemed more content with running the channels and falling over than pentrating the Hull defence and causing problems... Hopefully he'll keep adapting to the Premiership but in the meantime, Caicedo looks to be in a rich vein of form.

Why did Jo keep wondering out to the left? He was hiding today don't you know.

I just thought that at 4 nil up Hughes could afford to let other players have 45 minutes of first team football.

I didn't think that Micah played badly at all today - in fact he actually remembered that he is a defender and kept in position, staying back for our corners instead of trying to score.

By taking him off at half time Mark Hughes was ensuring that the lad got a confidence boosting first 45 minutes and was not in the position were he could mess up at the end of todays game as he has done in our last 2 league matches.

He'll start against Blackburn - no doubt about it.

Superhands said:
off at HT

injury ? precaution ?
rested ?

how did he play first half ?
to be fair he didn't seem to do too much wrong in the first half.
Although then again he didn't seem to be involved in the play too much so you couldn't really judge that.

Good to see Nedum get a run out though and other than step out of the way of Hull's goal he didn't do much wrong.

mr t said:
I just thought that at 4 nil up Hughes could afford to let other players have 45 minutes of first team football.

I didn't think that Micah played badly at all today - in fact he actually remembered that he is a defender and kept in position, staying back for our corners instead of trying to score.

By taking him off at half time Mark Hughes was ensuring that the lad got a confidence boosting first 45 minutes and was not in the position were he could mess up at the end of todays game as he has done in our last 2 league matches.

He'll start against Blackburn - no doubt about it.
wouldn't it have ben funny if Hughes took him off in the 90th minute?
lol

Pam said:
GStar said:
Caicedo showed everything needed of him - Jo was given an oppourtunity.

Micah has been shakey recently - Ned was given his oppourtunity.

Ned took his oppourtunity well, was dissapointed with Jo, seemed more content with running the channels and falling over than pentrating the Hull defence and causing problems... Hopefully he'll keep adapting to the Premiership but in the meantime, Caicedo looks to be in a rich vein of form.

Why did Jo keep wondering out to the left? He was hiding today don't you know.

Jo is a poor man's Georgios Samaras.

I think it was a tactical decision to have them fully fit for Sunday and to give the others a run out.

There were a lot at fault for the goal and it was an example why we are not where we should be. Hopefully someone in the future will clear the ball or track back with a little more authority.

Needless to say, there is a base for a good team. Whether Hughes can find the right pieces and use them correctly is the big question. I think he should be given until June to figure things out. If we're no better, then move on.

he wanted to come off at half time so he could hit the weightroom again early

bluespana said:
I think it was a tactical decision to have them fully fit for Sunday and to give the others a run out.

There were a lot at fault for the goal and it was an example why we are not where we should be. Hopefully someone in the future will clear the ball or track back with a little more authority.

Needless to say, there is a base for a good team. Whether Hughes can find the right pieces and use them correctly is the big question. I think he should be given until June to figure things out. If we're no better, then move on.
the main concern for the goal was how Zabba got skinned so easily

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.