What has happened to our defence ?!!

itisrising

2 years ago, according to many, we have a great defence but lacked attacking intent and relied on Tevez. Last season I think we found the right blend of attack and defence. This season ,however, our defense has been shambolic. With players such as Clichy, Kompany and Hart all at the back, we shouldn't be conceding as much as we have. We need to straighten out our defence because we keep on making little mistakes which has massive repercussions on our season such as Kompany dodging the ball against Madrid. Lets sort out this leaky defence City and get back to winning ways.

Re: What has happened to our defense ?!!

The players seem lazy to me. After an attack or if we lose possession, players seem to jog back and put no real pressure on the ball. Just by getting men behind the ball in an organised zonal marking position, teams will find it harder. I also saw Dzeko chasing the ball down high up the pitch against Arsenal, and they just passed round him. He turned and screamed at the midfield for not pushing up and closing down with him as a team unit. Barcelona try and win the ball back as soon as they lose it. On average, they win the ball back 6 seconds after giving it away. We need to do that! If we win the ball back quickly with pressure high up the pitch, we have the ball and are more likely to score, they dont have the ball and cant score, and if they do pass it round us and keep possession, its gonna have to be something very special to pass from back to front and create a chance when you have a pack of hungry nutters hassling you all over the pitch. Its tiring but when we win the ball, we rest and pass pass pass!

Prestwich_Blue said:
What's happened to your spelling?!!

It's defenCe.

Normally my spelling is good but when talking about City, that goes out of the window

hard to think of a player who is playing well in the city ranks this season.

hart
vk
silva

in particular playing shite by their usual standards

also you would be surprise dhow much defensive cover Barry and Milner give us. It doesnt come naturally for the likes of Silva and Nasri to defend. Barry and Milner must play to cover ground and do the donkey work. Need them back in the starting 11 bad! Also every City player should be forced to sit down and watch the Madrid game to see how the likes of Di Maria pressed high up the pitch and wont possession back. Defending from the front!

tommybooth said:
did'ent get English o level then.

I'm actually quite good at English but I have the American/English spell checker which is why I wrote defense and not defence. Also got an A for English mate.

itisrising said:
tommybooth said:
did'ent get English o level then.

I'm actually quite good at English but I have the American/English spell checker which is why I wrote defense and not defence. Also got an A for English mate.
You got an A for being quite good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.