What has happened to Silva?

He has been below last seasons form but so has everybody else.
By far our most creative player and arguably our best.
I think he will be back to his best under a more attack minded manager .

David Silva creates a goalscoring chance every 25.6 minutes on average, the most frequent rate in the Premier League this season. Platter.

93 - #MCFC's David Silva has created 93 chances this season in the Premier League. Only Leighton Baines has created more (97). Schemer.

Courtesy of @statcity

Well done op for your contribution to bluemoons long list of ridiculous threads!

Could say the same about most of the squad to be honest. Silva hasn't been himself in recent months but he's likely to be one of those that would benefit the most from Pellegrini. Maybe even surpassing his previous best form.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
barcajaden said:
Thought he had a low key season....
What has happened to him?
I think mata has overtaken him but maybe silva will be better this season.

Mata is the poor man's Silva! Mata has shone this season because CFC's strikers have put the chances away and the little CFC fellah has chipped in with some match winning performances. Once we have strikers who start shooting live ammo he will be top of the pops. I thought all the way through the Norwich match until he came on "Please put Silva on!" And when he came on it was obvious he was the only creative element on the pitch. He can change things in a twinkle!

mata's stats are insane

35 assists this season and chelsea's strikers are not that good.<br /><br />-- Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 am --<br /><br />
happychappy said:
All we need now is an aguero thread and we will of slagged all our key players off
i am not slagging him

surely if a player is playing below par, you are right to criticise?

sometimes barca fans get annoyed with messi and he is the best player in the world by a distance.....

KpxSte said:
David Silva creates a goalscoring chance every 25.6 minutes on average, the most frequent rate in the Premier League this season. Platter.

93 - #MCFC's David Silva has created 93 chances this season in the Premier League. Only Leighton Baines has created more (97). Schemer.

Courtesy of @statcity

Well done op for your contribution to bluemoons long list of ridiculous threads!

Was just going to post this, Silva is doing his business and considering he's been injured for some of the season it makes the stat look even better but he relies on the forwards finishing the chances in order to get the plaudits he so rightfully deserves the problem is our strikers are so wasteful it is unfathomable at times.

I remember arsenal at home thinking 'what the fuck is wrong with silva' just cos he wasnt slotting his usual amount of perfect through balls, defences clued onto it a bit more or he was just out of form for half the season

KpxSte said:

Courtesy of @statcity

This.

A slight dip in form together with a couple of injuries have made it a more difficult season for the little fella but he's still our main creative force by some distance as those stats posted earlier suggest. The arrival of someone like Isco to share the creative load would help because Nasri has simply been too inconsistent in that regard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.