What have you personally won?

Won a BBC R1 competition many many years ago. First prize was a signed interview CD of Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine.

Those were the days...

A tip on a horse called Cigarette Case in the early 70's saw me put £50 to win on it. That was roughly
twice my weekly income, and I was shitting myself, as I'd borrowed £30 of it.
Came in at 50/1, and the £2500 I trousered went very quickly, mostly on drink, drugs and girls.
So it certainly wasn't wasted.

More to the point why enter a compy with that as a prize?

Apart from the usual football cards etc Once won enough cash for a car on a day long accumulator, not a new one.

Best thing I've won though was a compy on another fans forum of a flight to Abu Dhabi to watch us over there in the friendly in 2009? Had to estimate the total number of shirt numbers of goal scorers added together for a series of City games.

As well as going to the match over there chatted with Zaba/Ned/Cook and blanked Hughes at the free silver service BBQ which was put on by the club.
What a fantastic thing to win. Shame Hughes was the manager!

Won a tour of the Etihad a week before we played Barca in the first game at the Etihad. Was through Century radio and then was in the press box on the radio during the live commentary of the game.

Then last Saturday won a competition for my boy to be mascot for the Palace game and he got to walk out with the players and have a mini kick around on the pitch.

Also won a pair of slippers for my mum at primary school in the xmas raffle.

Loads of football medals. Cross country, table tennis. High jump record in 2nd year. A mars bar for getting the belt at school the most in a month. Could have done without that.

Not one for entering competitions as I prefer having a life and still awaiting a euro millions jackpot. Not long now.

I also won a football card in the pub, got my company a drink and ended up costing me an extra fiver to cover it.

During my Sunday football days, when the name card came round the pub we'd always pick one person and keep sticking his name down as you'd have to buy a round which always cost more than your winnings, kept it going for a good while until people sussed what was going on.

I won a competition on Century FM at the start of the 01/02 Keegan first season campaign. I would of been about 13 at the time. I won the full kit and was at Maine Road for the team picture where I was sat in the middle of the team at one point too. Tony Grant arriving about an hour late looking rough as fuck was one of my main memories. Dunnie looked a little red eyed too. Great day though as a youngster meeting the goat was my highlight. It was the day Berkovic was unveiled too so got my own pictures of him and Keegan holding the scarf/shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.