What If We Are Living In Hell/Heaven Now On Earth?

The last bit is interesting.

Wouldn't you like to live forever if you could? If I had a choice then I'd never die.

Not unless all my family and friends could too, no. I'd go insane very very quickly otherwise.

Definitely looks more like hell than heaven. The thought of being switched off one day is comforting. I wouldn't want to be conscious forever, infact, that's probably my biggest fear. Dreamless sleep for me please.

Definitely looks more like hell than heaven. The thought of being switched off one day is comforting. I wouldn't want to be conscious forever, infact, that's probably my biggest fear. Dreamless sleep for me please.

Video of the Pearce years will do the trick.

It would be a shit version of either of them.

And Buddhism doesn't really believe in a concept of heaven or hell, at least not how Christian cultured people would understand it. It's more to do with planes of existence that you can move up and down from depending on your accumulated karma of that life. Some believe that ghosts are on a different and lower (i.e. unhappier) plane of existence only to roam until their karma has been equalised and they may be reborn back on the Earthly level of existence.

But Buddhism is funny in that it's a bit more like a virus of a religion than something like Islam and Christianity. It is so heavily influenced by Hinduism, Chinese traditional mythology and influences from India, Russia, Japan and now the West that there are thousands of sects that believe incredibly diverse things. I'd hesitate a little even to call it a religion, it's more like a spiritual mindset which people build a religion on top of. A sort of religious ingredient which is then fleshed out by others.

In Buddhism there is no god the creator, and buddhist are not expected to worship or pay homage to budhha, so in essence it isn't a religion, it could be thought of as a philosophy, possibly but I wouldn't, as it it not a religion it can live alongside cultural traditions and practices and mold itself round it. A lot of Theravāda praticing countries have merged hindu dieties into their spiritural realm as the origins are from India and Sri Lanka and hinduism was dominant at it's conception, much like christianity nicking genesis from ragnarok and imaculate conception, christmas and easter.
Though saying that if you read the teachings of Buddha his conception is the story of the imaculate conception in some ways and even the Golden rule sound a lot like buddhism, I think most religions if not an offshoot of one have plagiarized ones from before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.