What If We Are Living In Hell/Heaven Now On Earth?

Ooooo you had to ask didnt you :( she died !!!! A dog ran in my house and attacked her snapped her leg in three places :( ive got a new one now though hes a little cutie

Won't have to deal with it being in heat either! :) neighbour's cat did that to my rabbit when I was a kid, spent years trying to kill that cat >:(

They swarm the place though i walked home from work the other day and they were everywhere ... Well the flying ants were they are vicious little shits !!!! Got a right nasty bite on my leg
Hate those things.along with midgies they are spawn of the devil

It would be a shit version of either of them.

And Buddhism doesn't really believe in a concept of heaven or hell, at least not how Christian cultured people would understand it. It's more to do with planes of existence that you can move up and down from depending on your accumulated karma of that life. Some believe that ghosts are on a different and lower (i.e. unhappier) plane of existence only to roam until their karma has been equalised and they may be reborn back on the Earthly level of existence.

But Buddhism is funny in that it's a bit more like a virus of a religion than something like Islam and Christianity. It is so heavily influenced by Hinduism, Chinese traditional mythology and influences from India, Russia, Japan and now the West that there are thousands of sects that believe incredibly diverse things. I'd hesitate a little even to call it a religion, it's more like a spiritual mindset which people build a religion on top of. A sort of religious ingredient which is then fleshed out by others.

It would be a shit version of either of them.

And Buddhism doesn't really believe in a concept of heaven or hell, at least not how Christian cultured people would understand it. It's more to do with planes of existence that you can move up and down from depending on your accumulated karma of that life. Some believe that ghosts are on a different and lower (i.e. unhappier) plane of existence only to roam until their karma has been equalised and they may be reborn back on the Earthly level of existence.

But Buddhism is funny in that it's a bit more like a virus of a religion than something like Islam and Christianity. It is so heavily influenced by Hinduism, Chinese traditional mythology and influences from India, Russia, Japan and now the West that there are thousands of sects that believe incredibly diverse things. I'd hesitate a little even to call it a religion, it's more like a spiritual mindset which people build a religion on top of. A sort of religious ingredient which is then fleshed out by others.

Buddhists don't tend to call Buddhism a religion either - more of a philosophy.

It's catalyst was not a divine event or a miracle - simply a fella who thought about life and death for 7 years and came to a series of conclusions.

I used to be a (not very good) Buddhist but ultimately I could never believe in re-incarnation but some of their concepts e.g. being responsible for your own thoughts and feelings are wonderfully rational and practical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.