What if we said no more loans, sell but with buyback

Good point.

Though I’m not sure on the duration. I think it varies. Rulli had a 3 year expiry date and possibly Unal iirc but not Kelechi.
The expiry date is more of an incentive for clubs to buy the players. We can make it 4 years. No expiry date though would probably detract clubs. We probably can't convince a club that we can buy the player back after 6 or 7 years when they are in their prime.

There is also a saving on wages. When kelechi and Unal were sold last year buy back clauses were put in place. In Unal's case he was not eligible to play with us this season and in Kelechi case he would struggle to get game time and we made a profit on both. If either proves good enough for us to buyback them I think it is good business. There is a part of me that wishes we could have held on to these players as no matter how well they do we are now in a position that we are only competing for the very best hence Maffeo Unal Kelechi etc. will never be back.

The expiry date is more of an incentive for clubs to buy the players. We can make it 4 years. No expiry date though would probably detract clubs. We probably can't convince a club that we can buy the player back after 6 or 7 years when they are in their prime.

Makes sense! Cheers!!

There is also a saving on wages. When kelechi and Unal were sold last year buy back clauses were put in place. In Unal's case he was not eligible to play with us this season and in Kelechi case he would struggle to get game time and we made a profit on both. If either proves good enough for us to buyback them I think it is good business. There is a part of me that wishes we could have held on to these players as no matter how well they do we are now in a position that we are only competing for the very best hence Maffeo Unal Kelechi etc. will never be back.
All 3 of those players can still prove to be one of the best prospects, given another 3 years and the fact they are very young. Maffeo in particular I think will very much be worth it.

Hopefully they will make it. Last year I thought Unai would be a certainty for City.He was scoring some very good goals. The problem is that as good as he was playing City are now dealing with the Dybalas and Mbappes.

Loans are just a fancy way of saying a player isn't good enough to play for the club that loaned them. Chelsea have 38 players on loan. With a first team squad with 2-3 players in every position. It's all a waste of time.

No doubt someone will bring up Kane for example of it working. Even though for every Kane, (and he only got a chance because Soldado was playing s###) there's hundreds of times it has lead no where. In terms of the player going on loan becoming a regular starter at the club who loaned them.

I'd prefer for the loan system just to be scrapped altogether.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.