What in God's name were they thinking?

The biggest problem with the Jan transfer window is that a few weeks prior to it openeing clubs panic and sack managers
if all isn't going to plan. Transfer windows were agreed with the European Commission as I think that dictating to businesses as to when they can or can't buy assets is in breach of some law or something.

The fella was building a house and made a right pigs ear of it,so they got some other builders in to sort it out and first thing they did was transfer the windows !

It makes no sense whatsoever...but I really do enjoy transfer deadline day.

Never thought I would get so much enjoyment from sitting in front of the computer and settling in for the evening................................hang on a minute...

It was designed to stop Manchester City winning anything.

Or

It could be to do with reducing the impact of transfers on crucial end of season battles. It prevents richer clubs from trying to screw over their close rivals by taking players off them. I mean, imagine if there are 3 games to go and us and the rags are level on points at the top of the prem. What if we offered Shrek and Ferdinand a £10 million a game deal and made stupid offers on the rest of the bastards too? You can see how that might unsettle them.

mammutly said:
It was designed to stop Manchester City winning anything.

Or

It could be to do with reducing the impact of transfers on crucial end of season battles. It prevents richer clubs from trying to screw over their close rivals by taking players off them. I mean, imagine if there are 3 games to go and us and the rags are level on points at the top of the prem. What if we offered Shrek and Ferdinand a £10 million a game deal and made stupid offers on the rest of the bastards too? You can see how that might unsettle them.
couldn't happen to that extent
even under the old regime transfers had to be concluded some time in march, although i don't remember the exact date

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.