What is going on with Chelsea's defence?

Blue Haze

It looked a joke today. They used to have such good defence and now it looks Arsenal level.

AVB got the tactics all wrong, he had better sort this out or he won't be long for this league, not with Roman in charge anyway.

Blue Haze said:
It looked a joke today. They used to have such good defence and now it looks Arsenal level.

AVB got the tactics all wrong, he had better sort this out or he won't be long for this league, not with Roman in charge anyway.

I bet he already has one raised eyebrow and is taking a sneaky look at the sickle on his wall.

David Luiz is all over the place. Not a reliable defender whatsoever. Class at times and then absolute shambles at others. I don't think he's suited to center back tbh maybe defensive mid might be better considering he loves to go on long runs and get forward.

And John Teryy is simply too old. He's past his best and has been on the decline for a good 2 seasons now.

Ashley Cole is solid and great at getting forward but when his center backs can't cover for him he can be a bit of a liability at times. Similar to Kolorav.

Bosingwa is shit at defending and far better at attacking.

That's my opinion anyway

All good as far as we're concerned. Cech is half the player he used to be and Terry is past it.

Chelsea fans are saying AVB went on ChelseaTV and started laying into the players for not scoring more goals, naming Mata. Sounds like he thought their problems today were caused by scoring too few goals.

Shocking if true.

Blue Haze said:
Chelsea fans are saying AVB went on ChelseaTV and started laying into the players for not scoring more goals, naming Mata. Sounds like he thought their problems today were caused by scoring too few goals.

Shocking if true.

I'm not a fan of AVB, he far too ginger for his own good.

Adam-mcfc said:
David Luiz is all over the place. Not a reliable defender whatsoever. Class at times and then absolute shambles at others. I don't think he's suited to center back tbh maybe defensive mid might be better considering he loves to go on long runs and get forward.

And John Teryy is simply too old. He's past his best and has been on the decline for a good 2 seasons now.

Ashley Cole is solid and great at getting forward but when his center backs can't cover for him he can be a bit of a liability at times. Similar to Kolorav.

Bosingwa is shit at defending and far better at attacking.

That's my opinion anyway

Luis is not a CB, he plays classic center-half which is why he positions himself forward of the fullbacks. In other words his duties are meant to be a mix of dm and CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.