What is missing at our club?

Nowt we just going through one of Those periods where nothing's going for us and key players are missing..

More than 4 quality players in the side?
When 2 are missing it show up the rest for what they are.

BlueAnorak said:
More than 4 quality players in the side?
When 2 are missing it show up the rest for what they are.

The scum have a team of highly paid foreign mercenaries and look they going to finish 5th!!

Intensity. Watching Atletico Madrid last season was difficult for me. Showed what a team of fully committed players can do.

If anyone watches the NFL, the Seahawks are the same way. Every play is life or death. It can elevate a team with lesser talents way beyond the sum of their parts. I feel lucky if, in any game, we can even equal the sum of our parts.

We most certainly seem to lack the intensity of the greatest teams. It isn't absent but appears at random times or when we know the finish line is in sight. I honestly can't remember a team with our talent lose or draw so many games to underdogs... be it Wigan in the cup final (then again the next year), Cardiff last season, the many Sunderland games, the many Stoke games, Burnley, CSKA Moscow, Boro, Newcastle's reserve team in the other cup. These upsets (and I count draws as that like when we're beating Burnley 2-0 and draw 2-2... AT HOME!) happen to every club but to us seem far too common don't you think? We've turned it up in bigger domestic matches, but the Arsenal game was worrying as it's the only big domestic game in quite a few years where we've been useless. As Gary Neville as said, the performance vs. United last season at the Etihad was near perfect and a level these players should be able to perform at regularly. Maybe too many of these players just can't find the motivation to play at their best all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.