What is the biggest derby in world football?

Galatasaraay Fenerbahce always looks a bit tasty. Also there are some mental eastern European ones in leagues that no one cares about, loads of political shit behind them. That's probably what used to put Real/Barca above a lot of the derbies, but the political stuff has taken a bit of a backseat role since they play each other about 20 times a year now, although that could turn around pretty sharpish after this referendum stuff.

Bit surprised the Old Firm derby hasn't been mentioned, but I guess it's a question of the local intensity versus the global attention. In truth, given the worldwide popularity of the Premier League, City/United is likely to be well up there at the moment I'd have thought, even taking into account the Trafford bit.

not sure about the biggest but having attended an Old Firm match the most intense is Celtic v Rangers that is on another level , the Rags and Dippers is the biggest considering viewing figures although obviously not from the same city , they have so many worldwide plastic / armchair supporters between them , they win hands down , something to be proud of in their eyes. If it is just viewers from europe i would think Barca v Real is the biggest game by far , although they are also 300 miles apart.

lets be honest here.... the rags v dippers... is a huge game outside the repective cities...
its the dublin derby .. the bristol blazer , the london large.....its
its the gloryhunters derby. end of
the jounos love it cos they are either a rag or a dipper.. and it generates alot of money cos the majority of footie fans in this country are glory hunters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.