What is the fuss about Spurs?

mcfc78 said:
i think we slipped up when we never got glenn johnson... he is better than zab-richards... zab to slow and richards is too erratic...
warpig said:
i always thought corluka looked comfortable on the ball, but he got caught out by the cross field ball over the top far too many times. wouldnt have him back, would rather have zabba play rb.

yes, johnson did have an outstanding season last year. him,terry, toure and lescott as hughes perferred back four would have been amazing *sighs*

coulsonblue said:
gomes, cudicini

chimbonda, king, woodgate, bale, hutton, corluka, bassong, naughton, dawson, assou-ekoto

jenas, huddlestone, modric, o'hara, lennon, taarabt, bentley, palacios

crouch, defoe, keane, pavlyuchenko

Why does everyone think they will finish 5th?

they underachieve every year and their squad isn't as good as ours and they finished pretty much the same standard as us last season, and our signings are much better.

Dawson is excellent, Corluka we let go, King and Woodgate when fit are top drawer, hutton and bale still have time.

A possible 13 could make it to the World Cup if they raise their game, no higher honour, than playing at a World Cup Gomes is Brazil no 2 remember.

Huddlestone and Modric are class a. Palacios would never look out of place in any of the top six teams.

The front 4 will always score Goals, Pavluchenko should have settled , Jenas and Lennon are playing for squad places for the World Cup.

Harry is a class manager.

We should get there, top 4, we will never have a better chance of winning the damn thing as I have stated before.

United looked very one paced tb truthful.

I believe it will be be

Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City

Spurs
Arsenal
Villa

Outsiders West Ham

I actually don't think that Spurs squad, as written, is that bad at all. It's certainly got a bit of depth to it and in Redknapp they've got a man who knows the Premier League like the back of his hand. I'd be very surprised if Spurs didn't finish top six this year.

Regarding a comparison to us, well I think it's difficult. I think on paper we're stronger than they are, but it's a big ask to have six new players in the starting line up and expect them to gel immediately. It's cliched, I know, but it's also true. If we can have a Sven-type start with these new guys then I suspect we'll be pushing for, if not in, a Champions League spot. However, if we're slow out of the blocks, then I think Spurs will finish the season above us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.