What Is Your Go To Fruit and Veggies ?

I have always loved fruit of all kinds since being a nipper. It's great for you and I also love vegetables, which is also handy since my best pal is a Rangers fan.

Veg - Carrots, Runner beans and Peppers.

My fridge is always stocked with carrots and peppers, rare not to have them, eat that many. Strangely the traditional potato practically a staple daily diet as a kid, hardly eaten anymore. I really only like the humble spud roasted, which is absolutely beautiful with a bit of gravy. Boiled spud is shit and not too keen on mashed either.

Apparently botanists would say runner beans and peppers are fruits.

Although happily eat a raw Carrot, I won’t go near a salad with grated carrot in it.

Veg - Carrots, Runner beans and Peppers.

My fridge is always stocked with carrots and peppers, rare not to have them, eat that many. Strangely the traditional potato practically a staple daily diet as a kid, hardly eaten anymore. I really only like the humble spud roasted, which is absolutely beautiful with a bit of gravy. Boiled spud is shit and not too keen on mashed either.

Apparently botanists would say runner beans and peppers are fruits.

Although happily eat a raw Carrot, I won’t go near a salad with grated carrot in it.
Runner beans also known as string beans,have made a bit of a comeback in terms of popularity,can’t beat a bit of mash potato you could stick scallions(spring onions) in with the mash,as for roasters love them..

Runner beans also known as string beans,have made a bit of a comeback in terms of popularity,can’t beat a bit of mash potato you could stick scallions(spring onions) in with the mash,as for roasters love them..
Never tried onions of any kind with mash, so simple can’t believe I have never thought of it and no one has ever shoved it under my nose like this. Will give it a try.

Chilli
Garlic
Onions
Ginger
Peppers
Lettuce
Avocado
Tomatoes
Watercress
Parsley

Last edited by a moderator:
Discovery apples, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, squash

Onions, garlic, mushroom, chilli, leeks, spinach, parsnip, peas (mushy or petit pois), tomatoes (beef)

Never tried onions of any kind with mash, so simple can’t believe I have never thought of it and no one has ever shoved it under my nose like this. Will give it a try.
In Ireland it’s called champ,cut up spring onion but not the bulb just the green stalks into roughly 1/2 inch pieces stick in a pot with a 1/4 pint of semi-skimmed bring to boil or just about to then turn right down leave for a few minutes then pour into your already mashed potatoes and give it a quick mix around then happy days,not everyone’s cup of tea though nice with a fillet steak and peppercorn sauce,yum yum ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.